Husqvarna Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you know?
Just had to ask, didnt ya. I have seen the filters look just fine and assume that all is well, then try to blow through them and air will hardly flow. Put a new filter on and no more starving problem. Sometimes you learn the hard way, but those lessons are well remembered!

Our CFO at work gave me his Husky 55 today. Something is broken with the chain tensioner. It looks almost new!

This is a pic of my newly gifted 55. Does this area where the chain tensioner is look okay? Does the sheet metal look right? The only thing that appears wrong is the bolt is bent.

Attachments

• Husky 55 Chain Tensioner.jpg
    Husky 55 Chain Tensioner.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 85
Also, Here is a pic of the vent screen on the Husky 41 that won't stay running. How do you get it out?

Attachments

• Husky 41 Tank Vent Zoom.jpg
    Husky 41 Tank Vent Zoom.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 71
160224488.nj8Lx4KB.jpg

281XP

Wow, what a shame. Someone lost a lotta shade!! They would have made some nice lumber.
Great pic of some awesome saws! Looks like you've gave 'em quite the workout.

20150615_111851.jpg
The 359 was a low hour saw with a smoked piston that I picked up for $50. I had it rebuilt, Woods Ported, and muffler modded for my 15 year old son.
The 372XPW had a bad piston, and an inner spike mount screw broken off in the case. It cost me $100, and a dozen Gourmet Doughnuts. It was also rebuilt, Woods Ported, and muffler modded.
The 395XP I purchased from Wigglesworth a little while ago.

Our friends from TX showed up yesterday with a homemade trunk. What's inside?

uploadfromtaptalk1434807559692.jpg

The Husqvarna fairy has arrived!

uploadfromtaptalk1434807623923.jpg

Not sure of the condition other than dirty. None of them are frozen.

uploadfromtaptalk1434807684480.jpg

1x 268
2x 266
1x 162

The 162 is ALL metal!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Here is the verdict on the 268. Pulled the muffler to inspect. Cylinder wall looks good on opposite side. Some streaking on exhaust but I think the ring is stuck in the groove because spark plug is in and it is pretty easy to turn with the clutch by hand. Is tearing her all the way down for further inspection in order? She is really dirty as you can see.

uploadfromtaptalk1435712307738.jpguploadfromtaptalk1435712334622.jpguploadfromtaptalk1435712357957.jpg

I can block off the muffler port and pull flywheel and clutch and separate gas tank that should let me get down and spray most of the crap off. I should probably pull the cylinder to inspect I suppose.

Cleaning powerhead: What works for me.
Remove rewind, clutch cover and top plastic. Baggie over the intake with rubber band. Using a real parts brush, paint brush (for the small places) and mineral spirits get most of the heavy crap removed. Spray it down with foaming engine degreaser from O'Reilleys. Let that soak while I hook up the garden hose in the laundry room. Hot water side. Spray it off with the nozzle set on 'jet'. Stay away from the muffler outlet. Let it dry off in the sun turning frequently to drain the water. Either get it running right away or tear it down in case water got in the cylinder/crankcase.

Makes for a more pleasant rebuild.

Using 67L36Driver method I got can of engine degreaser and went for. Saw is actually orange under all that! Not sure what is going on with the side of the case under clutch but that is non functional anyway.

uploadfromtaptalk1435886852298.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1435886968002.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1435887285001.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1435887342707.jpg

Also, apparently she is old enough that the cylinder bolts are not metric? Wierd.

Brian

Back