Huztle MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be ordering a new cylinder, may even get the big bore kit for it, may get a new wire clip and put it back together to make sure I have buffered anything else up. Where the piston runs the crank, should I just lightly file a little bit away from the skirt?
I had the same issue on my Huztl 660 kit. I just filed down the outside corners where the counterbalance lobes contacted the skirt.
I always triple check the pin retainers to make sure they are in the groove.

My carb came without the brass impulse fitting...awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pipe on the bottom cover that the impulse hose slides over when the carb is seated. Unless I'm mistaken and the impulse hooks up some other way. I too am unfamiliar with the 361.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my new cylinder and piston today, managed to quickly put it together, have a couple pull and nothing, then had to rush of to a personal emergency. Curious as to how long its taken other to get a brand new started?

Also what baseline carb settings is everyone starting out with?
On the Huztl 660 they usually pop within 5 pulls. I start with the carb settings as shipped. I don't have to adjust them very much but I do richer up the high for the first tank at least.

Only a couple nibbles.

Didn't really know where to price it. Let it run two three weeks and then maybe drop it a tad.
What price do you have on it? I have a couple of extra huztl 660 that I want to move and I don't know what to ask.

On the Huztl 660 they usually pop within 5 pulls. I start with the carb settings as shipped. I don't have to adjust them very much but I do richer up the high for the first tank at least.

On the 660s I've been building I reset the carb to the suggested settings in the manual and go from there. I also run the first tank a bit rich.

So I got my 361 all together, the scraping sound was the fly wheel rubbing on the starter housing. Problem is now it doesn't want to start, had it runoff a little and it ran and cut well.
Now it fires within a couple of pulls on choke but that's it!! Any ideas what wrong with it now

Swapped out the metering spring from an 034, hasn't made much difference, I have noticed that when taken from choke to full throttle on startup the choke butterfly only partially opens, is this normal??
Saw will fire on choke second pull almost every time, will occasionally fire when set back to idle.
I have got the saw to start a couple of times by first pulling on choke till it burps, then switching to the on position and holding throttle wide open. Saw will then only run above half to 3/4 throttle.
I'm thinking it is a carb issue, I may just order a new aftermarket carb if I can't get it to run with help from here over the weekend

Back