Huztle MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished!
bfc78e2ab41692cb26ab7b57e42d8423.jpg

Congrats!![emoji3] [emoji3]
So, knowing what you know now, what would you do different.

Decomp valve, and maybe oem fuel line. Anything else?

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

Decomp valve for sure.
Disassemble and inspect carb. This one had wrong metering lever spring.
Use the genuine Stihl screws for the muffler.
Be very careful on carb installation not to pinch the fuel line.

Just finished my 361, got it to fire and run for a few seconds eventually, soon as I blipped the throttle it stalled and cannot get it to start, any ideas what may be the cause

Carb is not passing fuel.

Mine had a long, over stiff metering lever spring. I swapped in a spring from a Farm Boss carb I had in my junk.
9c514ac9ce4e02974f1027126a7ae162.jpg

I pulled the muffler to check nothing was wrong, when turning it over by hand I can hear a metal on metal scraping noise that sounds like it's coming from the bottom end, I was having issues with installing the crank and getting it to spin freely. I wonder if this may be part of the problem

more than likely its not centred.

take the flywheel and clutch off, as well as the cylinder for good measure and give the ends of the crank a few sharp taps with a soft head hammer, continue until the crank spins freely.

Hopefully no damage has been done already

So I found the problem, the little curculio that holds the wrist pin in had come out and got dragged down the cylinder causing a bit of damage to the cylinder, the scraping noise is the skirt of the piston just making contact with the crank at bdc.
Will it still run with cylinder as the damage is below the transfers??

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 108
I blew it up to make it easier to see... it'll run, not great, but it'll run. You'll wanna get in there and knock down any sharp edges. As cheap as these cylinders are though, I'd replace it.
image2.jpeg

I will be ordering a new cylinder, may even get the big bore kit for it, may get a new wire clip and put it back together to make sure I have buffered anything else up. Where the piston runs the crank, should I just lightly file a little bit away from the skirt?

Back