Huztle MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "rubber" diaphragm is lacking that third hole, in the upper left corner also.
How do the gaskets match up? any missing or misaligned cutouts or holes?

And I like the soft diaphragm also. Just seems to make for a little easier starting.

Edit to add question: Have you tried putting a thumb over the carb inlet and pulling the rope?
Should get some fuel if nothing is blocked in the fuel line, etc.

Beyond that, I have to defer to someone who owns or is familiar with that saw.

I tried a aftermarket fuel line and filter in a 440 last winter ...... no gots ..... pulled the filter still no gots ...... swaped it out to the old line and old filter ran like a scalded unicorn ... I noticed that there was seepage around the fuel line where it connects to the carb I figured it was sucking air because the AM line was pretty loose compared to the oem ...... maybe try a small zip tie

Most saws use the same thread size for decomps. I bought a 10pack of decomp plugs with washers from Farmertech/Hutzl for like $6. They sell them in singles and 5 packs too. Not sure I'd trust the decomp in these kits, it would be one of the parts I'd swap out for OEM or use a plug.

The decomps are crap. Pull the cap off, drill a vent in the side or top of the cap, put epoxy in the cap and mount to the decomp valve. Seems to hold up...

We did find the fuel delivery problem.
dc8a8ef363e646313d12ce1ed5afa083.jpg

R&R the carb four times may have been too much for a flaw in the hose.

I don't see it as a fault on the original installation.

One part is missing.

A 15 x 1 circlip is shown on the crankshaft in the IPL. It was not present in any of the parts bags.

I'm not sure what it's in there for. Seems to work fine without it. Goes on before the oil pump.

Possibly it limits inboard movement of the oil pump drive gear.

Replaced the 'switch shaft' with an OEM. The choke-fast idle-run transition is improved but still will go back to full choke if you aren't ready and result in a flooded engine.

We put a snap ring substitute for the '15 x 1' circlip on the crankshaft. It was missing from the parts altogether.

Starts, runs, idles and cuts.
fd65525df3bf6a25dc979e8ee3a22e65.jpg

6a584b396b38aed65d36213c72443907.jpg

It's been a week to get it this far.

Now to get some cutting time on him and adjust the carb. Muffler mod later.

What? You were expecting a Stihl Rollamatic ES bar?[emoji15]

Get real![emoji48]

Replaced the 'switch shaft' with an OEM. The choke-fast idle-run transition is improved but still will go back to full choke if you aren't ready and result in a flooded engine.

We put a snap ring substitute for the '15 x 1' circlip on the crankshaft. It was missing from the parts altogether.

Starts, runs, idles and cuts.
fd65525df3bf6a25dc979e8ee3a22e65.jpg

6a584b396b38aed65d36213c72443907.jpg

It's been a week to get it this far.

Now to get some cutting time on him and adjust the carb. Muffler mod later.

What? You were expecting a Stihl Rollamatic ES bar?[emoji15]

Get real![emoji48]
Takes a lot of patience to do what you did!

Takes a lot of patience to do what you did!
When dealing with Huztl be prepared for missing parts and long lead times for shipping the missing parts. If you have the patience and are willing to tinker, they are not a bad deal.

I can highly recommend the Hutzel/Farmertec 361 kit.

Be careful on the carb installation so you don't pinch the fuel line and wreck it like I did.

Yeah when I was doing a little mock up it looked like it has to take a 130 degree turn. What kind of design work is that Stihl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did some free hand slabbing to get run time on the 361.
a454993b4afeea7bf332f77018dfa242.jpg

Checked it over afterward and found the muffler loose.[emoji15]

9b56716598191240f4b0b525e8d30f05.jpg

Gasket on opposite side of aluminum baffle is OK.

I know for certain it was tight before.

Latest posts

Back