Huztle MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to put one of those husky screw on deflector kits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Debugging continues.

Last night it died after a short run and refused to restart. Today I pulled the carb and it was totally dry. It wasn't passing fuel. Reassembled carb and changed the fuel filter just to eliminate that. I did notice the carb fuel spigot was weeping around the hose and pushed it on a tad further.
Maybe it was sucking air.

The carb has a Mylar pump diaphragm. Not my favorite material for that.

Screws supplied for the top wrap handle spring mount were unsuitable. I used a couple smaller leftover from a Farm Boss.

568c3746e8fd387e152f8a3c97239cb5.jpg

Does the decomp port go all the way through the cylinder wall with a large enough hole to fit the valve?

When I did my 272 top end on my Husky 61 I had to cut that button off.. but on that style of cylinder it can't fall in... Perhaps some JB weld on it would keep it on?

I'd be more comfortable cross drilling the knob and stem for a tiny roll pin.

Not the first time I've seen the problem.

Fellow came by over a year ago with a MS 441 that swallowed the decomp valve stem (OEM Stihl). Fortunately for him it had passed thru without doing any major damage. Just dinged up the piston crown a bit. Yikes![emoji15]

Does Stihl have a plug for that or did you just use s bolt?

There is a product available. I don't know if Stihl makes one or not, but a quick googling found several.

I didn't plug mine because it worked just fine. I just never felt it was needed. I was just saying that if I was in your position, I'd plug it rather than buy an OEM decompression valve.

We are dead in the water. I can't get the carb to pump fuel. Even pulled the end of the impulse line and squirted mix into the crankcase.

Every time I pull the carb off ''tis dry inside. Replaced the original diaphgrm with a brown one, bottom. The original is the middle.
a37549d021411513517cec4591025352.jpg

Top one (rubber) don't fit. Locator tit hole (arrows) is in wrong place by a tad

Back