If you were told you could only take one saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously? I haven't got one or run one and I'm a Husqvana fan and I want one but what makes it better for the one than an 044? I'm not fishing for an argument (well maybe a friendly one) but I would like to know

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk
Haha would never argue aginst the 044, is just the 262xp is like a YZ 125 full of hell and lite!

This thread makes a mockery of the time-honoured maxim that he who dies with the most toys, wins.
Yes but like I said the only good decision about which one saw you need would be an informed decision. And after you have all the saws it would be wrong to get rid of them all but one anyway. So it's an excuse to get one of each.
And everybody knows the best saw is the one you are making chips with at the time...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

Does it have to be one I own? I'd really love an 038 magnum.
I have in my possession right now a 362xp in bits, a new to me this weekend 372xp, my little jonsered 2150 and an 038 mag.

I wanna say logic would keep the 372xp, but old skool cool makes the 038 mag my keeper.

I just sold an 044 over the 038..

Some say I am an idiot, so do I but I don't care.. The 038 feels more industrial over the others.

I have in my possession right now a 362xp in bits, a new to me this weekend 372xp, my little jonsered 2150 and an 038 mag.

I wanna say logic would keep the 372xp, but old skool cool makes the 038 mag my keeper.

I just sold an 044 over the 038..

Some say I am an idiot, so do I but I don't care.. The 038 feels more industrial over the others.

038 are very robustly built, will last a very long time. no wonder stihl didnt stop making them, they even came out with the new ms382 in south america. 372 has better filtration, av and revs though

and no you're not an idiot, 038 has its own following

038 are very robustly built, will last a very long time. no wonder stihl didnt stop making them, they even came out with the new ms382 in south america. 372 has better filtration, av and revs though

and no you're not an idiot, 038 has its own following
My first proper saw was a 371xp after a little ms170, sold the 371xp to help us when we moved house. I loved it. I love this 038, I love the 372xp. But I do not need a saw all day every day. And I built the 038 from crank upwards. It have a big soft spot for it. I am constantly moaned at for having saws that do not serve a purpose but to look pretty in the garage (as the wife says) :crazy2:

You're not alone..I kinda like the 038 also but it would be a handful if you had to use it very long.
I was using it for around 2 hrs straight the other day on a mix of birch and fir tree. I pushed it hard and it pushed my fore arms harder. I felt like pop eye at the end..

Since I bought it new, and have never had trouble with it in over 30 years cutting firewood...
028 Super AV
Not too big, not too small, and runs when I need it to. AND it only cut me once. Of course that was when I was alone in the wild Back 40...

Cliff

372xp all day long full wrap of course husqvarna or even one of these bastards.20170217_151521.jpg

If the end came and the powers that be said you could only take one saw which saw would you select?

If the powers that be delegate me one saw. Id rather not a saw at all. At that point ill be grabbing my yankee hill machine and every magazine i can find.

Unless the powers that be your referring to be my wife....... id say id have to have a 4200 countervibe with multiple bars.

Back