Inside the Husqvarna T540

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mweba

mweba

Addicted to ArboristSite
mweba

mweba

Addicted to ArboristSite
Couple more eh?

A real carby....with an air vane screw!!!

100_5137
by mweba1, on Flickr

100_5138
by mweba1, on Flickr

100_5137 - Copy
by mweba1, on Flickr

Carb box with separate secondary.

100_5139
by mweba1, on Flickr

Air injection.

100_5147
by mweba1, on Flickr

Huge muffler and metal crank case. Yessss it has a base gasket!!

100_5140
by mweba1, on Flickr

100_5141
by mweba1, on Flickr

Intake

100_5143
by mweba1, on Flickr

100_5144
by mweba1, on Flickr

100_5145
by mweba1, on Flickr

Tank and handle.

100_5149
by mweba1, on Flickr

100_5148
by mweba1, on Flickr

Stihl n Wood

Stihl n Wood

ArboristSite Operative
So are these finally available? I've been waiting forever like many to climb with one on my side. thanks for the great pics! what is it your goin for here? is this a test bunny for porting? I like my 201' s and they are just muff modded, timing and carb limiters scratched. But I'd really love to give a t540 a shot..

Stihl n Wood

Stihl n Wood

ArboristSite Operative
I've heard rumor that stihl was going to incorporate the ms241 top end into there next tophandle? And be Mtronic as well. Of course thats a rumor.. But that sounds like a beast if ever happened. I think stihl will do there homework before the next top handle hits. Thanks for the imput kenjax.. I know your a fellow climber as well. But I would like to definitely try a 540 out!! power is alot, but not always what makes a perfect climbing saw...I think the 201 is really comfortable myself.. WellI hope this thread turns into a little power house thread!!!

mweba

mweba

Addicted to ArboristSite
So are these finally available? I've been waiting forever like many to climb one on my side. thanks for the great pics! what is it your goin for here? is this a test bunny for porting? I like my 201' s and they are just muff modded, timing and carb limiters scratched. But I'd really love to give a t540 a shot..

Yup I'll make it more better and then pass it on.

Sean80

Sean80

ArboristSite Member
Just got one the other day and I really like it. It's like everything though, comes down to personal preference. I use 200/201's all the time at work, and have an echo 360t. I am really liking the feel of this saw. I would like to see what it can do with the stihl full chisel chain on it.

mweba

mweba

Addicted to ArboristSite
I want a pro's opinion. Mitch, what do you think of the build quality compared to the 201 and 355?

Well its certainly isn't tested yet but first impressions are good. The case is mag with a conventionally mounted cylinder (not clam shell). The spring AV has nylon limiter straps. Mounting points in plastic have metal inserts for the fasteners. Carb boot is thick and clear of obstructions. On par with the 201T but I do not have enough experience with the Echo. They don't sell well here.

Now, I'm not a pro climber but do cut with top handle regularly. So take my view as such.

Sean80

Sean80

ArboristSite Member
Lets just hope Husqvarna did some good longevity testing on it. I just hope it lasts and doesn't need too many visits to the dealer. If it drops it's going to break somewhere. I've seen a 201t fall and it definitely needed some work after lol.

bryanr2

bryanr2

Addicted to ArboristSite
I dont climb either. I still think tophandles are very handy saws. I used the snot out of my old 019t before it bit the dust. Been waiting for 2 years to see what this saw is all about. Lookin forward to some good info so I can finally make a decision. Right now- contenders are the 150tc, 201T, and this saw.

Latest posts