ISA application

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakec2288hd

Reaction score
I read the steps to apply to take the ISA exam. Just wondering how hard it is to get accepted to take the exam. I was a groundman at a small company for 3 years pole sawing, roping, rigging etc. Then was a line clearance trimmer for 6 months (in bucket), now have been climbing for a few months for a large tree care company. Do you think that is enough experience?

I read the steps to apply to take the ISA exam. Just wondering how hard it is to get accepted to take the exam. I was a groundman at a small company for 3 years pole sawing, roping, rigging etc. Then was a line clearance trimmer for 6 months (in bucket), now have been climbing for a few months for a large tree care company. Do you think that is enough experience?

Go for it!

You are going to need a letter from your employer stating such experience or three years of invoices if self employed.

For the sake of the trees you may be working with in the future, I would hope that you have some knowledge of general botany and plant health care.

Latest posts

Back