lets c your wood hauler pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O
Here is what I use most of the time. I mostly scrounge in the urban environment so no cool toys like the tractor guys. However I have been looking.

16' 7000 lb trailer, if needed I will put logs into the truck bed but not over the rails. I have had logs come through the back window.

927364635abf3c3f34f5b5e046d1f33c.jpg

57ceb7abb89c9f8e4067ef64e57e41b7.jpg

Man, what a truck.

A long box crew cab GMC in white ..my next truck when funds allow.

O

Man, what a truck.

A long box crew cab GMC in white ..my next truck when funds allow.
When I was looking, I was looking for a 6 ft box, but I am so glad that I ended up with this one. I do not drive enough to justify the diesel upfront and maintenance cost so that is why I went gasser.

However here is the load I picked up last night. Trailer and bed with wet elm. Did everything I asked it to, expect for the 9mpg lol.

a5e4742c1fd1de5de226de1cb063356c.jpg

0d1fc625d951751f044f39146ce239a2.jpg

When I was looking, I was looking for a 6 ft box, but I am so glad that I ended up with this one. I do not drive enough to justify the diesel upfront and maintenance cost so that is why I went gasser.

However here is the load I picked up last night. Trailer and bed with wet elm. Did everything I asked it to, expect for the 9mpg lol.

a5e4742c1fd1de5de226de1cb063356c.jpg

0d1fc625d951751f044f39146ce239a2.jpg

Really, 9mpg from a gasser hauling that much truck/trailer/wood around ain't bad. I'm a long time diesel nut but gas engines have made a big push in the last couple years , 450hp/500lbft out of a 6.2 GM gasser are real close.

Really, 9mpg from a gasser hauling that much truck/trailer/wood around ain't bad. I'm a long time diesel nut but gas engines have made a big push in the last couple years , 450hp/500lbft out of a 6.2 GM gasser are real close.

I after I reread my post it does sound like I am complain about the 9mpg. Im am really happy with that number. Even with the lower mpg numbers I did not have the upfront cost of the diesel and the maintenance cost. I only drive 2 minutes to work so that also played into the deciding factor to go gasser. This truck pulls as well as my old 7.3 and is far more comfortable.

I wish I could have gotten the 6.2 in the 2500. But it is not available.

I use this to drag whole trees up to my back yard. View attachment 425554[/QUOTE]
ever had it,,kickback,,and bruise your thumb????? when I first gradeeeaaated, I worked at a place,,that had a f20, with a tooo damn big loader frame on it,,with extensions,,to setup implements.. you learn in REAL short order, where to put the thumb...old boy that taught me,,laughed the ONE time I got bit!!! I forgot,,but not after that wakeup call!!!

I use this to drag whole trees up to my back yard. View attachment 425554
ever had it,,kickback,,and bruise your thumb????? when I first gradeeeaaated, I worked at a place,,that had a f20, with a tooo damn big loader frame on it,,with extensions,,to setup implements.. you learn in REAL short order, where to put the thumb...old boy that taught me,,laughed the ONE time I got bit!!! I forgot,,but not after that wakeup call!!![/QUOTE]

Yes, this was my grandpa's tractor so I grew up with it. I've had it bend my thumb back to my wrist a couple times. Although it's a little wide and high in the woods, it's more maneuverable than any other tractor. It's made to swing around on a dime at the end of a row while cultivating.

Looks like I finally overloaded the superduty. Maybe not so much overloaded as poorly distributed. I should have moved 5-800# from the truck to the back of the trailer and all would have been good. As it was it stopped fine but it was a little "wandery"

View attachment 425946

I like that dinky little Bobcat..

I after I reread my post it does sound like I am complain about the 9mpg. Im am really happy with that number. Even with the lower mpg numbers I did not have the upfront cost of the diesel and the maintenance cost. I only drive 2 minutes to work so that also played into the deciding factor to go gasser. This truck pulls as well as my old 7.3 and is far more comfortable.

I wish I could have gotten the 6.2 in the 2500. But it is not available.

Is that the 6.0 then? 9 mpg is not bad at all. With loaded trailer or camper I get 7.5 with my '05 Dodge Hemi 5.7 3/4 ton. 10-11 mpg driving.....

Is that the 6.0 then? 9 mpg is not bad at all. With loaded trailer or camper I get 7.5 with my '05 Dodge Hemi 5.7 3/4 ton. 10-11 mpg driving.....

Yep the 6.0. I have only had the truck 3 weeks and mainly got it for wood and future bigger camper. I should say that the 9 mpg is on E85 also. So I really have no complaints. I like it just as much as the Avalanche that I had before it except this tows much better.

Yep the 6.0. I have only had the truck 3 weeks and mainly got it for wood and future bigger camper. I should say that the 9 mpg is on E85 also. So I really have no complaints. I like it just as much as the Avalanche that I had before it except this tows much better.
It seems crazy that
GM held the 420hp 6.2 for a prissy 1/2 ton Denali and left it off the option list for the HD trucks.

that's a nice load for any grocery getter it's way to new for off road.. what size is the bobcat in the trailer?

That is a 99 F250 5.4l with. 165k miles. It is much nicer in pictures than in real life. I don't hesitate to take it into the woods. All that is holding wood in the bed is a bedliner. The flares cover a lot of ugly. It is 100% work truck. If it isn't loaded or going to get loaded it doesn't move. This trip took its toll. Dumping those big rounds in folded the bed rails down a bit. It was the last load and I wasn't being as careful as I should have been. I try not to beat it, but if it gets dinged up,in the course of duty I don't lose sleep,over it. The nicest part of the truck is the wheels. I blasted and painted them when I put new tires on it last year.

It's the perfect work truck. Not so beat that you are embarrassed to be seen in it but not so nice that you are afraid to work it.

I like that dinky little Bobcat..

The bobcat is a late 1970's 310. It has a 16hp Kohler and it is clutch driven like the old 500/600 series machines. It has quick attach but no aux hydros. It is light at <1500# and slow but it can outwork two guys with shovels and wheelbarrows. It will easily lift 500#. It can be set up to go through a 36" opening but I have wider wheels and a 48" bucket on it currently. It is definitely a light duty smooth surface machine. You can dig with it but you have to work it hard and it beats the **** out of you. When I occasionally run a bigger machine it is like running a Cadillac

View attachment 425994 View attachment 425993 View attachment 425993 View attachment 425994 View attachment 425993 View attachment 425994 This is my hauler, 1997 F250 with a 460, I does great for hauling but not so great on gas! put the dump bed insert in a few years ago and it does a great job. have a western plow for it alsoView attachment 425993 View attachment 425993 View attachment 425994 View attachment 425994
Nice! that dump insert has to be way handy!
I have the twin to your truck. Mine is not that nice though, PO mudded the wheel well lips up and then hit the repair area with flat black. Had 36" mud tires on it when I got it...still has mud (actual mud, not bondo) packed in all the crevices. I would not have bought it if I knew that it had been mudded with no air filter in it. Rude surprise when I got 'er home, pulled the AF box cover off...EMPTY! Lots of mud/dust in the intake tube and throttle body...GRRR! Surprisingly the ole 460 is still plenty strong at 210k on the clock, even with all that abuse...like you said though, plenty thirsty! She's waiting on me to replace a leaky water pump right now, in the meantime my poor f150 is takin the brunt of my woodin trips

Back