log splitter trays

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
asb151 said:
I have an Iron & Oak splitter with the cradle attachment. It bolts on to the I-Beam. The sides are adjustable angle.

How do you like the Iron & Oak? Good stuff? Worth the money?

BlueRidgeMark said:
How do you like the Iron & Oak? Good stuff? Worth the money?

I have only had my splitter for several weeks now and have put about 3 cord through it. Its a 26 ton with a 9 hp Honda. It is very solidly constructed. I looked at the TSC/MTD models (among others) before I bought it. No comparison. Granted, the Iron & Oak is $500-600 more but the difference in quality is obvious. In my opinion, well worth the money. Timberwolf was the only other model I saw that was equal or better.

The other thing that sold me was that fact that 2 local dealers were using them as rentals. Everyone knows how anything rental gets abused. I talked to the owners and these splitters were going strong with no problems after years of almost constant use.

Aaron

wood splitter

mga said:
after using my new log splitter, i thought about adding some "trays" next to the wedge to catch the two halfs of the log after it splits so that they don't drop on the ground or on me.

i was going to use 1/4" aluminum diamond plates on both sides of the wedge, maybe 14 x 12 and these would be bolted to the H beam center web so that they can be removed if i wanted. that way, when a log is split it'll fall onto the trays and you don't have to bend down to grab a piece if you are going to split it again.

does anyone have something like this? if so, does it work ok?
I am buying a timber wolf w6 so I will let you know how it works. It has what you are talking about plus a lifting platform

jkowell1 said:
I am buying a timber wolf w6 so I will let you know how it works. It has what you are talking about plus a lifting platform

now if only it would feed, split and stack on it's own..... :D

Latest posts

Back