• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Minty 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh 0619

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
2001 359, I just put the metal intake clamp on it and a new zama el42 carb that needs to be tuned. Compression around 130 psi .Saw comes with original 20" bar & chain. Very clean all original saw. $450 plus shipping from northern mn

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 93
Gauge is a little lazy, I have another 359 freshly rebuilt that reads the same
Don't think I've seen you around before Josh, so a big welcome to AS from Michigan.
359 is one if my favorite saws :).
GLWS
Is your gauge accurate for compression? For such a nice saw figured it'd be around 150-160psi.
I agree jt.

A picture of the piston & ring would go a long way to build confidence the guage is the problem.

Get a new gauge. That saw looks perfect , but with numbers like that can be the difference in selling or not and getting your asking price. GLWS

Oh, i dont think you are, hope you didn't get me wrong. Accurate gauges are very important. A bad one can have you chasing around an issue that doesn't exist. Thats a VERY nice saw. I'm sure it will sell soon.

Much better on the compression. I have a couple of questions:
1)why did you install a brand new carb on such low use saw?
2)in the picture of the cylinder with the carb attached, are the cylinder bolts different threads? Front looks fine and rear looks course.

Because the original carb was a walbro 199, didn't want to scare a newby off. 2nd ) i never noticed the bolts. Will gladly pull them if it helps you sleep

Josh, pump your breaks buddy, I'm not losing sleep. It was a question, if you look at that picture it looks as I said. Doesn't take away from the saw. Some saws had course installed from the factory and some fine. Thought maybe we had a unicorn with both. (I hate this text crap because people don't truly get your intentions and snap back with a snippy response)
PS (hate to say it) dont see any loctite on those bolts after you reinstalled them?
d08d7041a2d9be5b073a4ade2e667f81.jpg

Because the original carb was a walbro 199, didn't want to scare a newby off. 2nd ) i never noticed the bolts. Will gladly pull them if it helps you sleep
Good afternoon Josh.
Most newbies would not have know which carbs have problems and which don't in the first place.
A defensive/ or sarcastic response without and indication to some playfulness such as a :laugh: will not get you far.
You have a fair priced saw but lets be nice. Jr has been around a while and bumped your saw back to the top, and probably got you a bunch of new views you might not have otherwise gotten.
There are guys who will say many things in threads that are very unproductive and are out of place, but Jr is not one of those :D.
Besides many guys who are considering buying a saw will ask the same types of questions and you just don't know who may decide they can't live without this saw. Jr might be that guy, or I might, but I don't buy very many saws ;).

Latest posts

Back