MS 250

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USTREE

Reaction score
Honestly, and after much debate, and experience.... I've come to the conclusion that the best saw out there for a climber (yes, climber) and a grounds man is an MS 250, hands down. If you aren't too much of a ***** or weak, to climb with it of course. Other stihl saws, in my experience, I seem to have numerous problems with them. I currently own 6 250's,2 391's (which are great also) and a 211 (which is terrible). With that said, I bought 2 170's today for limbs (ground and climbing) which I have in the past just used a 250 for. The 250 is the work horse of the saws. Beats echo, any brand.... And I'm Swedish so one would think I'm partial to husqvarna, and they do make great saws... But the man 250 is hands down, the best. The beat stihl (within reason) produces.

I never had much luck with my 250. If you tried a 261 you would probably have six of them.

Honestly, and after much debate, and experience.... I've come to the conclusion that the best saw out there for a climber (yes, climber) and a grounds man is an MS 250, hands down. If you aren't too much of a ***** or weak, to climb with it of course. Other stihl saws, in my experience, I seem to have numerous problems with them. I currently own 6 250's,2 391's (which are great also) and a 211 (which is terrible). With that said, I bought 2 170's today for limbs (ground and climbing) which I have in the past just used a 250 for. The 250 is the work horse of the saws. Beats echo, any brand.... And I'm Swedish so one would think I'm partial to husqvarna, and they do make great saws... But the man 250 is hands down, the best. The beat stihl (within reason) produces.[/QUOTE

Both of my 250s have had carb problems. Won't idle right. They were both in the shop until the warranty ran out and still not fixed. So they stay under the bench in the shop. I do have several 260s and they're the best saws of that size for me. I may have bought 2 lemons though.

This thread reminds me of the ones my old friend Brush Ape would start. Get all the natives all fired up and play them to the end. I used to get a real kick out of it.
Is that you ape?

Back