Ms 400 C am I going to be disappointed?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
punch it down flat I know you can on a 500i
You can push the pin till your blue in the face on the 400, it doesn't oil a 24/5 inch bar well. I thought it was barley adequate for the 20", but I also primarily had husqys and they don't have issues oiling a bar.
Actually I’ve read on here some complaints about the 400s oiler when running a 24/25 bar so not all positive I guess but seems well liked otherwise. Sucks about your shop too, forgot to say that I’m my other post. Good luck man.
462r oil pump, problem solved. Would oil a 28" no problem with that one upgrade.

Id personally rather the 400 over any version of the 044/440. Av sucked, and so did the airfilter. Not bad power for a 70cc saw though. The 400 wouldn't be off by much in power to one imo. They are pretty darn close to the 462 in power.
I think they are real close in power too. Anyone want to do a video of the two?

Well if you have all of those yeah he more the better what you got?
I wish. Only one I currently have is the 400. My cousin has a 462. Had a 044 as a work saw, till it kicked the ring locator pin and self destroyed the top end. Wasn't allowed to take it home, and they didn't want it fixed. Really pizzed me off. Bet it's still tucked under the bench.

Id personally rather the 400 over any version of the 044/440. Av sucked, and so did the airfilter. Not bad power for a 70cc saw though. The 400 wouldn't be off by much in power to one imo. They are pretty darn close to the 462 in power.
You know I never had any problem with the air filter on my old 044. I ran the same filter the whole time I had it. I used and changed the prefilter though. That saw ran like a champ and had plenty of power. I never ran a 25" bar though because I just never saw the need and cut a lot of big wood too. Av not sure what that means hopefully I'll learn something new here.

You know I never had any problem with the air filter on my old 044. I ran the same filter the whole time I had it. I used and changed the prefilter though. That saw ran like a champ and had plenty of power. I never ran a 25" bar though because I just never saw the need and cut a lot of big wood too. Av not sure what that means hopefully I'll learn something new here.
I tell you what though the vibes on a 044 are a lot more noticible than on the newer saws. Thats a big plus for me.

The 400 reminds me a lot of the 361 when it became so popular. I have yet to use one or even pick one up. I did own a 361 , and honestly was not all that impressed. I am curious though as to why we don't see more 400 vs husky 562 debates.

The 400 reminds me a lot of the 361 when it became so popular. I have yet to use one or even pick one up. I did own a 361 , and honestly was not all that impressed. I am curious though as to why we don't see more 400 vs husky 562 debates.
I answered my own question I suppose. The 400 and 372 would be closer.

Latest posts

Back