MS441 R C-M M-Tronic Review and Mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your worried about warranty then another muff is a good idea,they do like a muff modd for sure. As said above with the calibration requirements zero resistance on the crank is what is required.
There is afew different ways to modd theses muffs but this is what i found to work well.

Can still put the screen back in this one
attachment.php

attachment.php

This is the go for a ported one
attachment.php

Notice the heat difference the top saw is ported and muff modd from new,bottom saw stock everything.
attachment.php

I'm telling you Andrew... if you want those to shine like new, you need to put a little of this stuff on there. Just follow the steps, I did it on mine and it took it back to factory shine!!!
Mothers® Mag & Aluminum Polish

thanks Stihlman and nice pics...

now if I just had another muffler to play with... I like the first pic even if I can live with out the spark screen. I really like the sound of a MM, even if the power may not really be needed. my muff modded 290 sounds better than the 441! I will do the calibration tomorrow and see what happens before I cut...the manual didn't mention it. The manual also didn't mention how to do a muffler mod either though...Thanks again and I'll let you know after I calibrate, for anyone who's interested.

IMG_1954.JPG can someone tell me where the black air adjustment arm should be if possible could someone send me a pic of one so i know about where it goes this is on an sm441c

the saw is revving very high at wot runs good but revs very high beyond the sound of 4 stroking checked fuel mix its good

Back