My highest climb ever

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newb

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Today I climbed 280'. In my town they installed 33 Wind Turbines, I'm on the local Fire Department and for trainging we got to climb the towers. I also got to go out the hatch and stand on top. What a rush.

Today I climbed 280'. In my town they installed 33 Wind Turbines, I'm on the local Fire Department and for training we got to climb the towers. I also got to go out the hatch and stand on top. What a rush.

Did you climb a rope to go the height or inside the structure ladder? Good rappel going down?
-moss

Today I climbed 280'. In my town they installed 33 Wind Turbines, I'm on the local Fire Department and for trainging we got to climb the towers. I also got to go out the hatch and stand on top. What a rush.

Not that I don't believe you, but it didn't happen without pictures. :)

Yes I agree with ckcliff, you must includes some pictures to proof 100% your statement.
At the moment I have 5% doubt :)

There are pics, however without my Daughter here I don't know how to post them. So i guess that makes me a liar in the eyes of this site, to bad.

We climbed the inside ladder. Being a climber it was scary how little these people know about rescue. If they have to do a bail out or rescue someone they are using a 7/16" rope with no back up! They also have never trained a rescue at any height, I questioned it and the guy told me they have watched the video.

We climbed the inside ladder. Being a climber it was scary how little these people know about rescue. If they have to do a bail out or rescue someone they are using a 7/16" rope with no back up! They also have never trained a rescue at any height, I questioned it and the guy told me they have watched the video.

Classic answer: "I watched the video".

Looking forward to the pics when you get a chance to post.

Here is a pic from some High Angle training we did a few years ago.

The catwalks that circle the shaft are 100' apart. From top to bottom the rappel was 1000'.

No, we did not ascend via rope.:dizzy: -Took the elevator instead.:)

attachment.php

Did you climb a rope to go the height or inside the structure ladder? Good rappel going down?
-moss

That would be a great rappel. :)

Last year I witnessed a French rescue team rappelling down from the Eiffel Tower, must have been about 500'. Looked like a great adrenaline rush.

Now that is some sweet crap! Had to be one of the coolest training days of all time!:cheers:

Back