NEW DHT (Dirty Hand Tools) 35 Ton Log Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DHT

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

We just wanted to let you know that we now have a 35 ton unit available through most of our sales channels. For those that want the biggest and baddest we have to offer, out 35 ton log splitter has a 9" foot plate, 9" wedge, CH395 Kohler and 17.5 GPM pump.

Looks like a nice splitter, BUT that filter and oil line hanging down would be a problem for me. Sometimes I split in the woods, and pulling a splitter into the woods with those so low, is just asking for problems. They could AT LEAST put decent protection around it.

I think there should be a "option" to get rid of that "foot" too, and replace it with a 12" wedge. Having the wedge on the end of the beam, really IS a big improvement on a splitter.

SR

I dunno...it might be a little wuss...good for them little Christmas trees ya'all got out there...tell ya whut.. I won't charge a penny, just ship one out here, I'll run some monstah georgia hardwoods through it, including twisted up pasture and yard trees...say around..ohh..I'll give it a good workout, 50 cord or so, over about a year...then I'll write a nice little review.

What a deal for you!

;)

I dunno...it might be a little wuss...good for them little Christmas trees ya'all got out there...tell ya whut.. I won't charge a penny, just ship one out here, I'll run some monstah georgia hardwoods through it, including twisted up pasture and yard trees...say around..ohh..I'll give it a good workout, 50 cord or so, over about a year...then I'll write a nice little review.

What a deal for you!

;)

We are working on a real big one for you Zogger. 21-25 GPM pump, hyd lift, hyd 4-way, suspension.... More of a commercial only unit. Stay tuned.

We are working on a real big one for you Zogger. 21-25 GPM pump, hyd lift, hyd 4-way, suspension.... More of a commercial only unit. Stay tuned.

Now you're talking!

I'll save out some of this four foot diameter oak in the front yard....and I think I know where I can scrounge up some six foot diameter oak....

Welll if you are in that process, get rid of the 90 deg restrictive fittings and the hard line ( or at least double its size) put a quality auto return valve on it, get the tank size up where the oil has a chance to breath and cool off before being cycled again. How about 3/4 inch ( 1 inch even better) ports ( or metric equivalients) on the cylinder depending on the valve port size. Your current foot plate on that 35 ton in the picture isn't going to last long against a nasty crotch with that kind of pressure, beam sprung and foot plate bent if not separated and maybe more on the wedge end. It happens and doesn't take long. Its not just about tons but cycle time as well + keeping the oil temp in the proper range so as not burn up seals. Just a shade tree mech. with a bit of know how. Looks nice in the picture though. I do understand about building to a price point also. One more thought if its going to be road towable get some springs under it or torsion axels so it isn't bounicing willy nilly at 30 mph. Kinda un-nerving to see a splitter trying to jump into the bed of a pick up. Ok rant over.

Just curious....Where is this made? What make and model pump? I have never seen a 17.5 GPM pump before..... Who makes the control valve?

Weldments, wheels, etc are from overseas. Many of the hydraulic components are domestic. The pump is custom for us, with a 1" 90 deg bend at the bottom to increase ground clearance. The 17.5 gpm uses the same high pressure stage gear as a 16 gpm pump. The lower pressure gear has a higher displacement which reduces cycle time.

We will be selling the individual pumps, valves and other hydraulic components in the near future.

Welll if you are in that process, get rid of the 90 deg restrictive fittings and the hard line ( or at least double its size) put a quality auto return valve on it, get the tank size up where the oil has a chance to breath and cool off before being cycled again. How about 3/4 inch ( 1 inch even better) ports ( or metric equivalients) on the cylinder depending on the valve port size. Your current foot plate on that 35 ton in the picture isn't going to last long against a nasty crotch with that kind of pressure, beam sprung and foot plate bent if not separated and maybe more on the wedge end. It happens and doesn't take long. Its not just about tons but cycle time as well + keeping the oil temp in the proper range so as not burn up seals. Just a shade tree mech. with a bit of know how. Looks nice in the picture though. I do understand about building to a price point also. One more thought if its going to be road towable get some springs under it or torsion axels so it isn't bounicing willy nilly at 30 mph. Kinda un-nerving to see a splitter trying to jump into the bed of a pick up. Ok rant over.

The commercial 35 ton will not be horiz/vert. It will be more like a Timberwolf type splitter, but half the price. And yes all of the hydraulic components will be up sized to accommodate the much larger pump. You will all just have to wait.

The commercial 35 ton will not be horiz/vert. It will be more like a Timberwolf type splitter, but half the price. And yes all of the hydraulic components will be up sized to accommodate the much larger pump. You will all just have to wait.
I hope the beam is higher than the Timberwolf. at 6'-03" the working height of the Timberwolf is tough.

I hope the beam is higher than the Timberwolf. at 6'-03" the working height of the Timberwolf is tough.

You can always do like I did, and get a 3 point splitter, it can be low medium or high!

standard.jpg

Just move the 3 point to get it where you want it!

SR

Back