Newest addition 241c-m

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I removed the muffler screen in my 362 C, but it was while it was still breaking in, so not sure how much difference it made. Possibly, that is why I liked it so much. That is all that is in that upper left corner, the screen and the port.

I left that port stock, but eventually added another on the opposite side, which Randy opened even more when he ported it.

I think I found an old vid I did before I started to have carb problems, and before she was ported. But, more importantly, I think I still have that exact same piece of wood in the pile that hasn't been touched since. I'll try and do a belated before and after tomorrow.

Well, there's a result. So, OK. Same piece of Ash in both vids. I found this piece while I was thinning the pile yesterday and thought it looked familiar. This vid has the 241 with several tanks after a muffler mod on a 14"Stihl (AKA 13") bar with full chisel non NK 325 chain at the start. The second cut in the vid is with a 17" bar with semi chisel NK chain and ported.

Muffler modded saw is ~10.1 seconds. Ported is at ~5.5 seconds.

After he starts up from hitting the chain brake, I would call that more than a slight bog. Sounds like ****

I sent a message to the guy. He says the bog can be bad.

But I noticed something the last few days that affected the bog. So, today I spent all day practicing it to see if there was a difference. When I let the 241 sit in the past, if she was canted at any sort of angle, she had no bog off idle. Today I tried sitting it on it's clutch side when she had to idle, and then normally upright. EVERY time I picked her up canted, she responded like she should have. Upright often ended up in a bog off idle. I ask Treewise if he noticed the same thing. We'll see if he gets back to me. So... pooling? I dunno.

12-15 tanks now since new carb last Saturday. Lots of big wood, too. She has loads of torque. Here she was yesterday in a good sized(and usually not 40cc class wood) seasoned Beech:

Bit of a pinch on the bottom as that is not really a sawhorse for larger logs.

I'm thinking about going to look at one of these tomorrow. MMMMMmmmm M-tronic! Alloy crankcase, great air filtration, fantastic reviews. Talk me out of bring it home! Plastic clutch cover without chip deflector, single bar stud mount, spur sprocket, WAY too expensive for what it is, especially with all the "downgraded" parts...

I'm thinking about going to look at one of these tomorrow. MMMMMmmmm M-tronic! Alloy crankcase, great air filtration, fantastic reviews. Talk me out of bring it home! Plastic clutch cover without chip deflector, single bar stud mount, spur sprocket, WAY too expensive for what it is, especially with all the "downgraded" parts...
Oh that little guy would look so nice sitting next to your 661R like a little brother wouldn't it, so be sure to get plenty of pics when you get it home.
Did that help any? :innocent:

:D

I dont like the plastic clutch cover either but it works. U can modify a regular clutch cover to fit it, and make a dummy nut with a captive nut to cover the back hole. The single bar nut tightens and works just fine though and the spur sprocket can be swapped out for a rim. Remember the 16" 3005 mount bar that comes with it really isnt 16" its more like 14.5". If u want a true 16" of bar get the 3005 mount stihl 18" picco bar or a cannon supermini 16" in the c1 mount. The saw is light, agile, and awesome with a muffler mod though

I dont like the plastic clutch cover either but it works. U can modify a regular clutch cover to fit it, and make a dummy nut with a captive nut to cover the back hole. The single bar nut tightens and works just fine though and the spur sprocket can be swapped out for a rim. Remember the 16" 3005 mount bar that comes with it really isnt 16" its more like 14.5". If u want a true 16" of bar get the 3005 mount stihl 18" picco bar or a cannon supermini 16" in the c1 mount. The saw is light, agile, and awesome with a muffler mod though

Or get the Stihl 18" in 3005. It's at about 16.5" or so.

Thats what I have Reindeer is the 3005 stihl 18". Oddly the Cannon 16" is over 16" also

But it's not a Husky!

158973628.d7edNOfV.jpg

I would have a cannon, too. But it is very expensive here. I am already thinking on my next bar. The husqvarna pixel is not up to the task of firewood duty. It's hell on any bar, really. But I see one more month, maybe two for this Husky. What you see in the pic above is the firewood for this week alone.

The tip has two greaser holes, which is odd. I notice it goes dry sooner than my Oregons do. I use the synthetic stuff we put into the tractors, etc about the estate. Tips still feels good when I spin it by hand.

Then there's this - Spruce blow downs. Between 20-24" in size DBH. We had maybe 8 of them. All freed from their rootballs and limbed with the 241. I wanna say, the drawback to semi chisel is it doesn't limb nearly as well as full chisel. But it does last a lon time in dirty circumstances, which most of the time I am in. However, for spruce duty, I would have preferred full chisel.

Also, another firewood pic:

158973933.X7BNqonk.jpg

Back