Newest addition 241c-m

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your ported 261 looks very strong, but I'm sure a ported 362 has more guts.

How do you like that ported 044?

It better have more guts. It's got more weight.

For a one saw plan, yeah, a 362 makes sense. Or in Keith's case, a 241/362. But since I have 4-5' DBH trees here and there, I need a ported 044. That means there's no room for a 362. But a 261 would fit in perfectly.

I did Mustang so thats a few ounces more. I still like the ported 362c better all around but the 262s center of weight is carried lower as opposed to the 362 feeling more topheavy if that makes sense?

I have owned a Mastermind 262. I would prefer a MMWS 261CM to that 262 any freakin day of the week(or one of my own), and I would be running 3/8 20" bars on it all day long.

I prefer the 261CM not because it is lighter, but because it is much stronger.

It better have more guts. It's got more weight.

For a one saw plan, yeah, a 362 makes sense. Or in Keith's case, a 241/362. But since I have 4-5' DBH trees here and there, I need a ported 044. That means there's no room for a 362. But a 261 would fit in perfectly.
As much wood as u cut one would need what feels good ,works good all day and gets the job done. Thats probably different for all people. Heck I just fool around cutting firewood, cutting a few cants , and alota noodling

Fueled and oiled with a Stihl 25" "E" Rollomaddic - 20lbs on the dot:

157793793.fmRLXyAq.jpg

I see the 241 as a very niche saw for professionals. A 40cc saw for $500+ is a big ask of any amateur. Especially when a 550xp, which weighs just 11 ounces or so more, and has MUCH more power and rev boost(which this 241 is sorely lacking), is in the same price range. This thing is for all day use, every day, clearing trees and large brush. If I only had that job on occasion, and I wasn't a pro, I would much prefer the 550, and even a 261. The gap in power is cavernous. Hell, I still would prefer a 261 with an MM to this saw as it is. It is just more capable. Hell, I would actually rather have a Shindaiwa 452S or 502S, or Echo 500P, to be honest. Those all weigh the same as this 241 and cost nearly $200 less here, and are lasers in your hand.
I agree entirely. While it's a great little saw, it's WAY too close in size and weight to a 346/550, with way less power. I actually already sold mine.

Back