Newest addition 241c-m

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fast forward to around 2:45 seems like this stock one that randy was using loaded up after a long idle. Maybe its a more common issue???

According to Randy, it was common with the earlier models. The one I have is a 2012 model. The bog can be very bad at times.
Hmmmmm!! Hadnt heard that. Glad I got a new one! Maybe that explains the .023 squish and 172psi from the factory on newer ones too?? I checked the compression again yesterday. 171psi. Heck I dont see a need to port this one really

2012 model? The saw just came to the U.S. In 2014.... Just curious?

You answered your own question, really.

Hmmmmm!! Hadnt heard that. Glad I got a new one! Maybe that explains the .023 squish and 172psi from the factory on newer ones too?? I checked the compression again yesterday. 171psi. Heck I dont see a need to port this one really

This one has healthy compression. Still, I may remove the gasket if I ever have cause to break her down again. As it is, she runs fine - aside from the occasional bog off idle. The 261 in my videos has a .034 or so squish and 189 psi compression. It's almost always cold and dense air here, so saws usually perform very well.

Also, when I first took down the rakers on this carlton NK chain I realised it musta been silly low from the factory. I have a .025 guide I use on my chain, and it wasn't deep enough to touch the rakers after 4-5 sharpenings. That chain must have been about .030+ from the factory. It was a bit grabby. Once the top end seated in, I was able to bring the rakers back up to .030. She seems happy with that, even buried in oak now.

I should hope a ported 044 out performs a 241! Heck, an not ported 10 mm 044 will out perform a ported 362. Size does matter!

I'm not talking about the power, but the responsiveness. My 044 is more revvy and quicker than that 241 in the vid.

One of the thing some seem to miss about a limbing saw is the thing is meant to be responsive. Unless ported, the 241 is not what I would call responsive. Same with most stock saws that are strato charged, and even some ported ones.

Back