Norwood 2000 manual needed $$

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillysJeeps

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I just purchased a used Norwood 2000 from a fellow who said he had the manual but now cannot find it, and Norwood is back-ordered saying it will be several weeks for me to buy a new one. I have this sawmill set-up and all I can do is stare at it as I don't want to do anything wrong.

Does anyone have one they will sell or photocopy for $?

Thanks.

Did you try YouTube? Sometimes you can get plenty of info there. Also, many of the mill manufacturers keep a client list to put potential customers in touch with current owners. Maybe this can help get you in touch with someone who could help you.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Thanks Guys, will do. I was hoping for an easier approach. Not often do I actually read the instructions first (RTFI) but in this case I need to service the honda motor, sharpen and re-point blades some old blades I got from the owner, etc. I can certainly service the engine without the instructions as well as set the mill up. I am mounting here outside and on blocks with 2 pavers (what the old owner used) until I mill enough cants to put up a shed to keep her covered.

I am considering buying a few new blades first and will be milling both white pine cants, oak 5/4 boards and (maybe) re-sawing some barn beams with some nails. I have been catching up on the forum posts, which I will continue to, but my first question is any recommendations for a newbie on the brand of blades (144") and then are the metal blades worth considering or do I need to just pull nails. That will at least get me started with ordering some blades while i tinker with mill and read up on the forums and youtube.

Thanks again for any info

I use Norwood premium bands... YES they are expensive, but they have served me well in both, hardwood and softwood...

I use to sharpen/set all on my bands myself, but I found a guy that "makes them like new" for $7.00 each, it's WELL WORTH it to let him do it.

I do still have everything to sharpen/set my bands, but sharpening is a whole other learning curve that takes time to learn to do PROPERLY! To be honest, I'd MUCH rather spend my time milling!

ANY nail that you hit WILL dull your band, OR knock some teeth off it, ruining it!

The bands are the life blood of the mill, good bands = a smile on your face and smooth accurate cutting... Bad bands = wavy cuts and all kinds of other problems. PULL THE NAILS!!

BTW, I use Mobil 1 synthetic oil in my sawmill...

SR

Back