one saw plan: 60-70 cc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a 365 special this year simply because it was $200 cheaper than a 372. Firewood doesn't really care how you cut it, but the wife sure cares how much a saw costs lol.

I bought a 365 special this year simply because it was $200 cheaper than a 372. Firewood doesn't really care how you cut it, but the wife sure cares how much a saw costs lol.

It was my wife that said I should get my 372xp, just because I wanted it........;)

It was my wife that said I should get my 372xp, just because I wanted it........;)

Well... My wife dosen`t decide what saw i should buy, but i still has to think about money. And since Firewood is all about saving money, and have a good time, then it dosen`t matter to ave the most powerful, and expensive saw.

all of you guys make a good point. I guess that depends on many levels the choice you make. maybe in time the option change for the same person;
If I would make a living with the saw, I will pay double for a 372 if it would ease my life;

Well... My wife dosen`t decide what saw i should buy, but i still has to think about money. And since Firewood is all about saving money, and have a good time, then it dosen`t matter to ave the most powerful, and expensive saw.

Yup. That's why I don't have any desire to start a 2 or 3 saw plan! One good saw for 99% of the work and a cheap backup if the first one is in trouble works for me. I can't imagine walking back to the truck to change saws unless I have to. Guess I'm lazy AND cheap!

When I was looking it was either a MS361 or a 365. Can't stand my Stihl local dealer so the choice was easier. A 372 would just be too much saw for what I need dollar wise. I also looked at a MS390, but decided that the 365 was the best option for me. I don't notice a big difference between my 365 and my father in law's 372.

My first saw of my own was 036, it was for firewood.
I cut wood back then on parent's land and if tree was
to big for the 036 I didn't cut it. IMO 60cc saw is the perfect
size for one saw plan. As I get older weaker and just run down
I use the smallest saw that will get the job done. Dad is now
72 years of age and 036 is as big of a saw as he wants to run.
He uses his MS260 more than 036.

So it all depends on you and your circumstances as what saw is best for you.
And if you are like me, after you get it, you will think why didn't I get...........

Your all knowing, :)
TT

My wife didn`t wanted to try the saw on a twig to get the feel of it;
but it is ok; she does other stuff: pottery, decorations etc., so it is cool
maybe better; I would hate to have someone messing with my saws
:)

cheers

If I spend too much money on a saw then I`ll have to go to the Opera more often.
have you ever been to the Opera? trust me; you don`t wanna spend a lot of money on a saw.

If I spend too much money on a saw then I`ll have to go to the Opera more often.
have you ever been to the Opera? trust me; you don`t wanna spend a lot of money on a saw.

Count. I used to go to the Opera a lot,because my wife is a teacher and we had season tickets. Mostly I enjoyed it,but then eventually it just became boring.I have not been for at least five years now,but could imagine going again. Maybe I would enjoy it again after the break. Sometimes you just have to do things you don't like, just to get things you do like.
geoff.

:hmm3grin2orange:

on the other hand, if you are an "one saw plan" man that means that you are not much of a cutter (proffessional) and probably a 60 cc saw would do just fine (like 562xp or 555). I admit it took me a while to figure this out....

if you are an "one saw plan" man that means that you are not much of a cutter (proffessional) .

Speaking from personal experience and from observation of other AS members, the number of saws one owns has very little to do with whether one is a "professional" cutter.

Latest posts

Back