Pneumatic Porting Tools

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SierraMtns

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello Chainsaw Friends,

I am looking at porting my 555 and 576. I did a search and found a couple different options for porting tools but couldn't find much on pneumatic tools.

Do you guys have any recommendations on pneumatic tools? Or should I stick with a cheaper electric setup?

Here are the couple different ones I found.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/90-Degree-3...639810&hash=item1c88822a5b:g:~0EAAOSw~XpZQgkc

https://www.harborfreight.com/flexible-shaft-grinder-and-carver-40432.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dental-Lab-...ece-10-Burs-/201517220544?hash=item2eeb5cc2c0

Thanks

My concern about pneumatic s is their physical size, too big to get inside cylinders, and the availability of good carbide grinding tooling in 3mm shaft sizes. The dental tools won`t hold good carbide bits, the ones I have seen use a latch type system,not a collet..

My concern about pneumatic s is their physical size, too big to get inside cylinders, and the availability of good carbide grinding tooling in 3mm shaft sizes. The dental tools won`t hold good carbide bits, the ones I have seen use a latch type system,not a collet..
Yeah i found that too. My porting tools are used for motorbike cylinders and heads and when i ported my Shindaiwa 757 i found that my "Room" inside the cylinder was very tight.
Anyone know where to get some micro 90deg porting tools?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This is my 90deg tool. I have had it for years and years.
a4d80cbeba7f9312eb1aee53202bbef0.jpg

Those foredoms look good, bur i didnt see any micro right angle grinders like mine. Pity. I would love one smaller than mine.

Just looked at the CC tools 14SR kit. Wow i like this

Most of the full time saw porters use C&C tooling, this stuff is built to last and they have a great warranty plus they will rebuild your unit if you ever wear any of the parts out. They have a full array of the best tooling for porting, cutting/grinding aluminum.

Most of the full time saw porters use C&C tooling, this stuff is built to last and they have a great warranty plus they will rebuild your unit if you ever wear any of the parts out. They have a full array of the best tooling for porting, cutting/grinding aluminum.

Does indeed look nice, but for the weekend warrior, the HF kit looks pretty good. However, what about an affordable micro right angle grinder? Won't I need something like this in addition to the HF kit? Anyone know of one?

I grind every day and get about 2 years out of a head on my cc right angle
There 225$ and last me that long so your weekend porter would never need another one.

I have 3 foredome sr motors and will never need to buy one again,they basically don't wear out.

I know a cc ra is high but it's the only good option there is.

Back