Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clean them up and throw them in a cast iron pan with butter over an open wood fire. Got your post back to being about wood:happybanana::rock2:

have eaten crappie many times. sweet meat. I like a light breading, too... in bacon grease... and olive oil... yum!

oh, the thread is about wood? lol... I cook over hot oak wood coals often... wood from my woodpile, oak... often it is wood i have split. and at times mesquite, too. ;)

Finished stack'n the wood shed. Right at four cord... :)

The State Fair starts this week. The ten day forecast shows signs of cooling. Lot of geese grouping up and they ain't headed north...........soon.

Attachments

• IMG_20160821_162549204.jpg
    IMG_20160821_162549204.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 54
Got after the pile again today. Have knocked down about 2 cords so far this afternoon and probably 2-2.5 cords left give or take that I want to have done by noon tomorrow when I need to head back to work. I'm really loving the sun shade I bought earlier this summer.

Ran out of Aspen to split first.
image.jpeg

Third or so cord of red oak.
image.jpeg

Mixed maple and birch.
image.jpeg

Split up the last of the rounds this morning. I still have a couple cords to do at the hunting cabin but the lake cabin is done.

image.jpeg

Mixed hardwood in foreground and Aspen in background.
image.jpeg

Norway pine and a little balsam.
image.jpeg

Evicted several thousand ants, dozens of centipedes/slugs/grubs, one snake, and one salamander.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Split up the last of the rounds this morning. I still have a couple cords to do at the hunting cabin but the lake cabin is done.

View attachment 521535

Mixed hardwood in foreground and Aspen in background.
View attachment 521536

Norway pine and a little balsam.
View attachment 521537

Evicted several thousand ants, dozens of centipedes, slugs, and grubs, one snake, and one salamander.
View attachment 521538 View attachment 521539
nice! now you need some chickens to bat cleanup.

Brian

fd20d9d76730e296c6c7008ce5298e09.jpg

My scrounge spot for awhile

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

all the pine I am splitting now is so full of worms that next years growing season should be devastating to pine..... if there is a dry spring next, pine will be king here for free firewood!
What bug do those grubs turn into? That pine from your tree job was absolutely infested with them.

What bug do those grubs turn into? That pine from your tree job was absolutely infested with them.
for real I do not know, but they sure do a number on a live tree killing it faster than I could probably cut it down ! the grubs sure do make for some great sunfish bait!

Latest posts

Back