Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2vj3ckm.jpg

It is impressive now that it was mentioned. All my stacks wash out as soon as they dry out and shrink.

Ricks of wood never stop shifting. I have some 15 cords locust I split/piled some 20 years ago. Both ends blew out after about 12 years and now the outside ricks are about ready to fall over.

ef7f18c3ea98cdd3293082478d8b601c.jpg

Skidded this stuff out to work area yesterday. Dad helped me drop about 20 more trees today. He pushes with bobcat after I notch them so they for sure drop where we want. I dropped 3 red oak in a cluster, one of which my 24 inch bar on the 362 didn't make it through, that will spoil me splitting that!

Brian

Got the Stihls and Poulan out today to cut down some dead standing ash (with poison ivy). Everything went smooth until the tree fell and landed on a yellow jacket, underground nest. And if that wasn't bad enough, stepped on a damn squirrel and scared the **** outta me. LOL

Nice! That would be a treat to have a few of those logs.

Brian

Thanks. Yeah, I Wish there was more around. That and Cherry.
Couple more as I split for Kindling..

jEadkDrh.jpg

I did 3 buckets worth. Need much more as sometimes I light the stove twice a day even in winter. That's not the stove. That's my older smaller stove just sitting in the garage.

JwugLkLh.jpg

Back