Priorities

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's my predicament.

I've got a bunch of wood I want to cut and no time to do it. My kids are in multiple sports that will gobble up every weekend from here until the end of June. I just broke up my business partnership and if I want the same paycheck I've been receiving I'm going to have to be balls to the wall every week day. The other downside is that all of the wood is at my cabin or hunting cabin which means cutting during evenings isn't an option as its too far to drive.

Here's what needs to be done:

I owe one buddy a cord of hardwood for some bartering we did over the winter.

I owe another guy 1/2 cord of hardwood.

I want 1/2 cord of aspen brought home for my firepit.

I want to refill my sauna wood racks with hardwood which will take 1/2 cord.

I've got another guy who wants to take 6 cords of aspen off my hands (I've got a lot of dead/dying at the cabin wood lot in case you haven't seen my other thread). Supply isn't an issue but time is. I do want to get rid of this as these trees need to go. They are already core rotting.

On the ground I've got 2.5 cords of split aspen, a cord of aspen rounds, a cord of hardwood in rounds, and another 3 cords of pine.

This doesn't even include replenishing my personal stacks. I guess I'll use the pine for that. Norway is nearly the king of pine firewood anyhow.

Anyone have a time machine I can borrow?

? how about a good friend from the "arborist site" willing to come up and give you a hand for a few days at no charge ... just a pay it forward from others that have lent a friendly hand when needed! it's mud down here and everything is about caught up for some "good natured arborist site member".......

Hey that would always be accepted too. Helpful AS member could even take a load or two of wood home with them as most of my scrounge will rot before I get to it! And if they have an ATV that load could be yellow birch or red oak.

I forgot about you hunting up this way.

There's a guy who hits it pretty hard near my place but there's lots of woods nearby that I can show you.

Until I saw chucker chime in, I figured you were dropping some reminder hints for me.

I'd be glad to help out, just a long ways up. Give me a time frame, or pick a weekend and I'll see what I can do. I have a Polaris 700. And of course, some awesome Stihls.

Back