Priorities

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Until I saw chucker chime in, I figured you were dropping some reminder hints for me.

I'd be glad to help out, just a long ways up. Give me a time frame, or pick a weekend and I'll see what I can do. I have a Polaris 700. And of course, some awesome Stihls.
You'd be very welcome to join too. And BenP, Philbert, the dodgegeeks, and anyone else within a days drive are welcome as well.

HAMISH, I will be visiting your fine country/province of Ontario in mid july for 10 days to eat my fill of some of them fine Canadian shield walleye's.. and not thinking of logs or firewood... lol
You mean Pickerel! Walleye is for the tourists.
The Redfin and Chain pickerel are just called usually called pike, as they are not very prevalent up here.

Where ya heading fishing?

You mean Pickerel! Walleye is for the tourists.
The Redfin and Chain pickerel are just called usually called pike, as they are not very prevalent up here.

Where ya heading fishing?
call them what you may cuz I am not in rome.lol
up the graham rd to the brightsand river prov. park water flowage/sparkling lake about 4 hours north of thunder bay.

I have never heard of anyone getting pickerel and pike mixed up, two totally different fish. I would say there is a lot more pike in Ontario waters than pickerel. Chucker there should be both where you are going though. I think pickerel taste better but pike get way bigger and are a blast to fish for. I'm sure there will be giant northern pike up there

I have never heard of anyone getting pickerel and pike mixed up, two totally different fish. I would say there is a lot more pike in Ontario waters than pickerel. Chucker there should be both where you are going though. I think pickerel taste better but pike get way bigger and are a blast to fish for. I'm sure there will be giant northern pike up there
that there are bigger then pickerel! been going to the good ole Canadian back woods for a long time(30years) and enjoy it every time I go! and you are right walleye an pike can never be seen as the same fish, hammer handle pike and pickerel look similar though. my best pike is a solid 20#/40" last year.....

Take a look for a picture of a redfin and chain pickerel.............you'd be calling them ones pike yourself!
redfin.png This is a Redfin Pickerel.......................the Chain Pickerel is just wearing different camo!

Met a group of crazy Americans at a fish camp on the Quebec and Ontario border a few years ago. They sure brought a lot of jim beam up to drink, might have been running their boat engines on it too I think. They were a blast to be around, one guy even gave my son a few lures out of his tackle box to keep as well. Those guys made that fishing trip a memorable one for sure, a pleasure to sit around the camp fire with

Latest posts

Back