Pro Mac 1000 Score

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I re-wound a coil once for a motorcycle...I don't recommend it. It worked but I'm not sure it was worth the trouble.

I worked with a guy who immigrated to the US from Cuba. In Cuba he and his friends would go to government ran construction job sites (they very intentionally left the ones ran by private companies alone) and steal wire to re-wind generators, alternators, etc. He said sometimes they had to try try several times before getting it right, a PITA they had to deal with because in Cuba they had no sources for new or factory rebuilt parts. They could get some parts on the black-market but they were very expensive given the wages paid under the communist government (which is one of the reasons they hit only government ran job sites).

I worked with a guy who immigrated to the US from Cuba. In Cuba he and his friends would go to government ran construction job sites (they very intentionally left the ones ran by private companies alone) and steal wire to re-wind generators, alternators, etc. He said sometimes they had to try try several times before getting it right, a PITA they had to deal with because in Cuba they had no sources for new or factory rebuilt parts. They could get some parts on the black-market but they were very expensive given the wages paid under the communist government (which is one of the reasons they hit only government ran job sites).
In Cuba they have to make do with what little they have. It looks like things will be looking up for the Cubans as our gov't will probably start trading with them and they'll start importing new stuff and exporting their citizens. They won't have to be as innovative in the future, probably.

Back