Return to climbing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scheffa

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hey all.
Had a run in with an angry ram on the weekend that resulted in a broken 5th metacarpal and possibly scaphoid. I'm plastered up at the moment.
Just wondering if anyone has done similar and how long before you were able to climb again?
The docs are telling me 6-12 weeks which isn't a possibility for me

I assume you're talking about a big goat not a pickup truck? Not to make light of this situation but most folks eat turkey. I haven't had that happen yet. Hope you get up and around soon. That doesn't sound like much fun especially with Christmas coming up. Keep your spirits up and you'll be back in the tops in no time.

Hey all.
Had a run in with an angry ram on the weekend that resulted in a broken 5th metacarpal and possibly scaphoid. I'm plastered up at the moment.
Just wondering if anyone has done similar and how long before you were able to climb again?
The docs are telling me 6-12 weeks which isn't a possibility for me

No, sorry, no, I have never been sodomized by a ram and don't know anybody else who has. I think you are the first.

I have a friend in Little Rock that has gone into the ram business. He says there is a pretty good market for them. Foreigners really seem to love them. He says they bring their tents and have a vigil and kill them right there on his place.

Gidday scheffa, I broke a knuckle when I punched a sheep once (shearing a ewe, kicked me in the dangleberries 3x, stupid response I know), took me 6 weeks to get back to climbing as no grip at all, take it easy but keep your fitness up! Good luck. F

Gidday scheffa, I broke a knuckle when I punched a sheep once (shearing a ewe, kicked me in the dangleberries 3x, stupid response I know), took me 6 weeks to get back to climbing as no grip at all, take it easy but keep your fitness up! Good luck. F

Cheers mate, they are a prick of an animal. Starting to get a bit of movement back in my hand now only a week after the injury, gonna be a while till I can grip though i think

I never messed with a ram, but I took a 30 or 40' fall. Broke my wrist cracked the pelvis. Took 2 months to get back in the saddle. That was with spurs. I was still old school then, so I was not just on rope. Hope you have a speedy recovery sir.

Back