I need a new pole pruner.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrassGuerilla

Olympic Piss-reving wanna be.
Reaction score
Howdy y'all. I haven't been around here in some time but I could use your suggestions for a new pole pruner. I live on a cliff and do a fair amount of work keeping the view cleared. A couple times each year I hack down the honeysuckle and trim the lower branches of the trees. I have a Stihl HT 131 telescoping pruner and a long reach hedge trimmer. I have an old Corona telescoping manual saw with the pull rope pruner that is very helpful mostly for reaching way out (as opposed to up). Sadly, the old Corona is about used up. The fiberglass pile has become quite brittle and I've broken it and cut it off a couple times not and reattached the head. I'm considering a Jameson or similar. Lightweight and larger pruning capacity are my priorities. I'm thinking their big jaw kit with the lightweight poles (18-21 ft of reach) sounds like a good fit. Wondering if anyone has a better suggestion? I'm expecting to spend $300+. Really not sure I can justify much more unless it's a drone with a saw. I'm not as young as I used to be, reaching out is much harder than reaching up.

I see that they offer quite a few options including a 12' telescoping pole and 6' separate pieces in both standard and lightweight options. I'm thinking about the telescoping unit and possibly adding the lightweight extension pole(s). Thoughts and opinions please and thank you.

I use a jameson setup, 6ft poles, light and works alright, havent tried the lopper/pruner heads tho, looking at them at vermeer and they seem to be a quality piece of kit

Latest posts

Back