sachs-dolmar , how many cc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The std Sachs-Dolmar 116 was 56cc / 3.4ci and a Torque Monster it was a short production run though only sold in 1984 thru 1985 by 1986 the 116 supers had come out as a 60cc

Scott

Nope...don't waste your time..send it to me for proper disposal.. :jester:

2 tall do u work for polaris? I went to roseau a few times for service training made a few friends-got a 97 400L sportsman my all time fav atv! it seems dolmar is a saw u no alot about - i like this one and i want to hop it up for race'n my buddies on the week ends -if its worth it-right now im do'n that fairly well use'n a 123 with 115 decals lol

I did very little cutting with my 116si so far, so I cannot really compare, but if it will outcut my beloved 361 is difficult to believe. As soon as the opportunity arises, I will put her to the test. ;)

Well, it shouldn't, and it is quite a bit heavier also - and how about the anti-vibe? :D :yoyo: :yoyo:

I did very little cutting with my 116si so far, so I cannot really compare, but if it will outcut my beloved 361 is difficult to believe. As soon as the opportunity arises, I will put her to the test. ;)

I thought the 361 would beat the 116 easily but it didn't happen that way. My father had some big oak to clean up and I took him the 361 and 116. He tried both and he said to take the 361 home. He liked the 116 better.

When it warms up I am going to video both in pine. The 361 should come out on top there, but for big hardwood give me the 116 anyday.

My Jonsered 2159 will outcut the 361 in hardwood also.

Our 116 cuts like crazy, Its not nearly as fast as the 357XP, but its prett damn fast for an old saw. It Smokes our 351 husky by a LONG shot.
Its heavy, but I'll never get rid of it. My dads used it hard every year, and it was his ONLY saw. He's never done anything to it other than chain,sprocket,bar. :rockn:

Our 116 cuts like crazy, Its not nearly as fast as the 357XP, but its prett damn fast for an old saw. It Smokes our 351 husky by a LONG shot.
Its heavy, but I'll never get rid of it. My dads used it hard every year, and it was his ONLY saw. He's never done anything to it other than chain,sprocket,bar. :rockn:

Seems more like the truth........:rockn: :rockn:

The only 361 of the 4 I have had that will outcut my 116 is my 361 EHP. Troll, maybe in your part of the world things are different, but a stock 361 here is the slowest saw of the 55-60cc class. Back in the 262 days the 116's were giving them all they wanted at the races here.

Last edited:
Well, I will wait for a final report from Roland, as he has a German made 361, like mine......

Another thing is hat there seem to be lots of oddities on how different saws run against each other, in your neck of the woods......

Last edited:
my 56cc Sachs 116 is just a torque animal. It can be lugged down to less than half RPM and it still cuts like CRAZY! It just doesn't have the chain speed the 357XP has. I think any saw less than my 357XP would have a DAMN hard time beating the 116. Its an incredible saw, the throttle response is 5 times as aggressive as the 357XP, and 351. It literally raises the nose when you just flick the throttle! :bowdown:
Of course the muffler on the thing is nothing more than a hollow steel box, so my ears HATE this saw. ;)

My dad cuts 20 Face cord of firewood a year and he's never untill the last 3 years had ANY other saw and used the 116 since it was new and thats likely well over 20 years ago. :heart:

my 56cc Sachs 116 is just a torque animal. It can be lugged down to less than half RPM and it still cuts like CRAZY! ....

Reminds me of my 1970 vintage Jonsereds 621 (56 cc that one also).

Standard rim size is 3/8x8 on that one, so chain speed is good, despite the low rpms.
:clap: :clap:

Off Topic for 24d

I agree with you. The 400L Polaris was and is an excellent atv. The 400 2 stroke engine is the best atv engine ever!

ty

I agree with you. The 400L Polaris was and is an excellent atv. The 400 2 stroke engine is the best atv engine ever!

thank you steve I bought a new 1 every year till they stoped make'n em-now I plan 2 ride this 1 forever-unless someone makes a new one that can keep up with it in the swamp-I dont see that happening

Had a 400L 4x4 and LOVED that motor too. It was faster than damn near all big bores for the next 5 years. It was a pain with all the chains, and it needed U joints and brakes all the time.
It would wheelie forever! :cheers:

mod it

i prefur chains myself proper adjustment is the key- i had gorrila axle make me som hvy duty cv joints with a sher key an havnt broken 1 cents -polaris came out with a sever duty brake kit for some of the newer modles and i changed the frt over to that got ova 1000 miles on em still look good

Latest posts

Back