Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just walked the dogs, it is already oppressively hot out there. Will start out just tinkering with the saws, and have a business appt later in the afternoon.

Thanks Steve, but "semi" retired, and in Tax Season it is still 7 days a week, long hours every day, so really it is just "condensed".

I handled 4 business calls yesterday, and it has been like that this year, just did not slow down after Tax Season as much as it usually does. I think part of it is a lot of my client base is ageing, like me, and just need more attention than they used to. A lot of extra work when someone passes, or a Trust is set up.

been hot here too, well by London standards, 28C and sticky for days. Ive picked a couple of cooler moments to cut or split, been splitting at 10pm for a while. Only my neighbours have a pond( thry call it a pond, its more a weedy puddle) so the mozzies are a pest. I've taken to burning jos sticks to keep them away. I'm waiting on saw parts now, before i can test the 038Super again.

Been a tad warm here in the "Great White North" air temps 27C/81F but in full sun it sure ain't that , add the humidity and it gets a feels like 33c/91F but start working in the sun and it's all a lie ....
Luckily Sat/Sun calls for 22c/72f so those will be 2 hot days but way better for cutting the 2nd houselot :)
I do prefer the 15c/60F for cutting but I have to make hay when the sun shines :)
Lotsa a fluids on them hot days is a must .

Ratz, I've got to figure out how to load pics now that PB gave me the boot. We went off shore yesterday, about 35 miles out of Chincotegaue Va. I got a tad roasted, look like a raccoon, white around the eyes and red all over. We caught 3 small Mahi Mahi. One of our friends caught 2 Yellowfin Tuna and 3 Mahi. Got home about 10 this morning and started mowing, got the clinic done and was going to start on another yard. Heat index over 100, stayed home and watched the dogs sleep in the AC, Joe.

Been a tad warm here in the "Great White North" air temps 27C/81F but in full sun it sure ain't that , add the humidity and it gets a feels like 33c/91F but start working in the sun and it's all a lie ....
Luckily Sat/Sun calls for 22c/72f so those will be 2 hot days but way better for cutting the 2nd houselot :)
I do prefer the 15c/60F for cutting but I have to make hay when the sun shines.

As my old buddy used to say, "lay to the saw, and the lumber will come", Joe.

Back