Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet view.

So not got a good relationship with the guy taking on the farm? what do you think you'll do now?

I was about to head out the back door and grab the fiskars for a 30 to 40 minute splitting workout after finally getting my iittle girl down to bed, get to the back door and........drum rum drum of rain on the conservatory roof. Rollocks. So its awful tv with my better half, and I mean AWFUL. She's into lots of those 'Real housewives of....' shows but this thing makes them look good, if you have 'Love Island' I hope you never have to watch it,if yo don't have it, I hope you never do.

Meanwhile up here in the Great White North it was in the mid 90's today but the ac at home was set at 64 and the beer in the fridge is nice and cold :)
Nicer weather tomorrow for cutting , 70's .
We've got some pretty big tides up here

belliveaucove_20170721-211402_CmwjQuUgLmAaTRwf.jpg

Looks like someone forgot to plug the drain but it'll be full up in 12 hours .
They are also doing some tidal power studies as well .
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...ndy-turbine-electricity-emera-hydro-1.3862227

Those sums, 1g of uranium doesn't disappear, it becomes less than one gram of a heap of isotopes of different elements, so M is a small number, but c squared is very very large.

Working in metric is easy, but what is the fudge factor to convert mass in pounds, light speed in mph to energy in Btu?
You start losing me here then idk where your are going with the rest lol.

Sweet view.

So not got a good relationship with the guy taking on the farm? what do you think you'll do now?

I actually hardly know him, I only know his ex-wife (in a strictly wood-cutting way only). I can't imagine he'd be favourably disposed to me coming and introducing myself as the guy who stripped his farm of almost every easily accessible dead standing tree.

When I found out the farm was going to change hands I put in the big ones to get four winters in front. I'll be able to stretch that out a bit with some roadside scrounge here and there. I have a few friends who have farms but I don't want to wear out the welcome too much although a slab or two of beer here and there would help preserve that. I also know of another farming couple who are starting to get on a bit but where the bloke has MS and will probably need some help soon - a bit of cut some for you, cut some for me could be worked out. Bit of extra insulation in the house when we renovate soon should cut consumption a bit.
After all that, if I'm still short I'll buy a crapload of logs and swing saws that way :chainsaw: .

The heat wave continued here today, but life goes on, so after finishing up some paperwork in the morning, I delivered a 1/2 cord and milled 4 Hickory boards with my new Chinese 660 (I call it Flying Tiger). It runs well, and made some real nice boards (2.25" x 7.5'):

Also made lots of sawdust, mostly captured in the peeled bark.

Attachments

• IMG_20170721_161755065_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170721_161755065_HDR.jpg
    8.1 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20170721_161902376_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170721_161902376_HDR.jpg
    7.9 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20170721_161909530_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170721_161909530_HDR.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 25
The heat wave continued here today, but life goes on, so after finishing up some paperwork in the morning, I delivered a 1/2 cord and milled 4 Hickory boards with my new Chinese 660 (I call it Flying Tiger). It runs well, and made some real nice boards (2.25" x 7.5'):

Also made lots of sawdust, mostly captured in the peeled bark.
Did you buy the Chinese 660 new?

Nope , she was complaining that I had way more pics of tractors , trees and firewood than of the kids ... Not sure what's wrong with that ?

QVQWiuxMGKrrD8XXVn0135xC1t4VeLTvxUH9NwjOkn2_qOdFtG0I5zDAciyd8FV3XeaY2PMeQnmNwQ3AnNFLxlATapDSB0rlqWmA1NbXtJEArwAYhViSZRyPbedWwp7qjCnA9KMb4669MQ4fJJfJHpiFMoy7MWtpLyJO_MKX6sWO0ZXWn7-eJn4VQU5CJJZgng0uqmptLHkG8J_WXC7mqTU9WTgmfQwtywtKUVJJ7pC5JcE_AkCAbZfLrBiMM7rsMab0LO5uFyVPIKG-v_1cPWpe1IE_DVrK_mTtCnv5Jdi-x5Eqv4VK_n2qBOmlxAddFMvF4bF64U8CBsOWy_oAiQqZWxHfoUDYp1WVUCNtkjkM-EsxgYKCLavnMuwUN5MXzA1pXHRox_HIGsuLqYUh7m9eFYB2hXEbfQxRNxV5SW5TXLowliu3bFo6GlHYzeEqc6435rPRzKnKc6Ir85f10E73tKcYdjg3AcUfdqP9QSK8Hy7PE23sXcBREbnFa3msC8c8m_Sqd46IpNLyuxumluGRC5psLRljUyaWMXzA8Rs6eIsg6RnAVWFVCXCLwjSemwbKP3rS9feARy9N8Z_oIQ_8yLUMkNnfD7fFVfApAKmcz7Db4maviqon8mJh2kDlf6lk8WhuyQIieGjHs8pvwLjmbQPgheqK66blKb4NZ5i_S08=w1668-h938-no

The MacT is cooler in this heat , duct tape to hold that rain shield on it to keep the sun off the back of my neck and it also keeps the dear flies from landing and tearing off a pound of flesh lol

Back