So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Felled , limbed and bucked the second of three pear trees that I marked down for firewood.
All the cutting done with my Dolmar PS-7900. :chainsaw:
The third one , standing above and behind the stump , has an appointment for next week.
DSC00061.JPG

My aching arms sure miss the feather weight , compared to the weight of the PS-7900 , of my damaged small Sachs-Dolmar 105! :dizzy:

Started up the Super XL a few minutes ago without the muffler. Kinda loud, it's afternoon, neighbors should all be awake anyway. Adjusted carb, sharpened chain by hand even though I have a grinder I just kinda like doin' it that way. Checked oiler after I put oil in it, worked fine. Waiting on the muffler to get here..

Just went grocery shopping with Big Red. Had to listen to her complain about my hair being too long. My hat being to dirty and beat up. So I got a haircut and on my way out asked the girl to toss the hat. Then the wife says why would you throw away a hat that u can wear to work. Was my favorite Stihl hat. Old grungy and broken in perfect. Time to go shopping for a new one now. Maybe a new saw to go with the hat?

I'm standing at the lathe.........

This is the worst part of what I do. Makes my back hurt......and is boring.

Took my mom, wife, & boys to a gun show. Had a great time. Mom bought a new .38sp, wife bought a new .357 looking forward to shooting them :rock2:

Just went grocery shopping with Big Red. Had to listen to her complain about my hair being too long. My hat being to dirty and beat up. So I got a haircut and on my way out asked the girl to toss the hat. Then the wife says why would you throw away a hat that u can wear to work. Was my favorite Stihl hat. Old grungy and broken in perfect. Time to go shopping for a new one now. Maybe a new saw to go with the hat?
Maybe if you buy a new saw they might give you a new hat, I know Echo does that on certain models..

I didn't start a chainsaw today. I was working on paperwork all morning and into the early afternoon. Then I went to the shop and spun up five 20" chains and two 24" chains. Put one of the chains and a new bar on an MS310 and took some pics of it. I am going to post it on CL later this evening. I was working on a 1990 Dodge one ton van that hasn't run for years. Been chasing down problems one at a time. It doesn't seem to "spark" until I stop cranking it. (ie, when I let off the key, then it fires) I have run into this problem in the past but it has been so many years I can't remember what the issue is. Rats!
Anyway, I should head out to the deer stand to work on filling the freezer but I'm feeling a bit lazy...
What did you guys do?
Try replacong the ignition resistor, commom problem with the old Dodges

I'm standing at the lathe.........

This is the worst part of what I do. Makes my back hurt......and is boring.

Try a new pair of shoes. I am on my feet 12hrs. a day and when my back goes to hurtin i put on a different or new pair of shoes it works.
I buy shoes with my back, a pair may be ragged looking but if they have proper support my back is fine.

This works unless you are just complaining and really want a new CNC lathe!

Trying to win me some tools . Supporting the local fire department. All you can eat and all the beer you can drink. Gonna get my 25.00 dollar admission fee back right quick.IMG_20150125_151455_027.jpg

After church I took a nap (unusual for me) and then wiped down and photographed three saws. Posted them on Craigslist this evening. One Stihl, one Poulan and one Homelite. Got an email from Groundi that she arrived in Dhaka safely after about 30 hours of travel. I'm a bachelor for the next two weeks. Maybe I'll lose some weight.

No not the Stihl hat!

I got my neighbor's poulan 2250 runnin' after a carb cleaning on it. That lil' booger was a pain to get the throttle cable on right.
I went over and taught my other neighbors how to prune their apricot and peach trees. Started out with hand pruners, went to loppers, then I turned loose a 346 on it. I cut the limbs up so they could use them for smoke in their medicine lodge. Happy trails.

Muffler arrived today for my Super XL Homelite. It came from Chainsawr in Vermont. I ran out and installed it after hunting for half an hour for some bolts that were long enough. Saw sounds much quieter but seems to cut the power down some. I had to adjust the carb again, a little leaner this time. I'll probably have to put some new fuel mix in it also. The muffler arrived in record time as I ordered it Saturday morning, I guess that's good because the blizzard in the northeast will slow the mail down there for a day or so.

Today, I packed up a saw but other than that I did paperwork ALL DAY LONG!... I'm about ready to go screaming and yelling through the woods. But it's dark and cold out. lol

Today, I packed up a saw but other than that I did paperwork ALL DAY LONG!... I'm about ready to go screaming and yelling through the woods. But it's dark and cold out. lol

Paperwork makes the bureaucracy happy! I don't miss it, always hated doing all the year end forms.

Last week, I went to my folks place in MS to prune some trees and visit a bit with them. Went back down there today to finish their back yard, and then got hired by the neighbors to prune theirs. Used my new to me Shindaiwa 360 (thanks Josh) all day. Came home with cash, a load of wood I didn't expect to have, and a smile.

I haven't packed a saw for several weeks, having trouble getting saws at cheap enough prices to repair and sell. The ones I have now will cut wood okay but aren't exactly ones that people go crazy over..

I listed three saws on CL last evening and probably have one or two more that should get put up for sale. I'm thinking about selling off some of my line up saws, you know, the ones you keep? Well, I don't need two MS660's and I don't need two 044's and I probably don't need my 036 Pro because I never fixed it in the 8 months I've owned it even though I have the parts. Haven't been doing much serious cutting lately, mostly saw testing after repairs or rebuilds. So I wind up doing most of the cutting with test saws and rarely use my "keepers". Guess the next ice storm or hurricane can change all that in a hurry.

I listed three saws on CL last evening and probably have one or two more that should get put up for sale. I'm thinking about selling off some of my line up saws, you know, the ones you keep? Well, I don't need two MS660's and I don't need two 044's and I probably don't need my 036 Pro because I never fixed it in the 8 months I've owned it even though I have the parts. Haven't been doing much serious cutting lately, mostly saw testing after repairs or rebuilds. So I wind up doing most of the cutting with test saws and rarely use my "keepers". Guess the next ice storm or hurricane can change all that in a hurry.

Yep, if you don't need them, but they work, sit on them until the next major storm. Remember a few years ago the big tornado outbreak? I was *this close* to working a deal with the local TSC to take all their returns at one benjamin per, no matter which make or model. Manager was intrigued, said "give me a few days to think on it" Well, the big storms hit a few days later and they sold out of every saw quickly, including the marked down returns, so no deals for me....

Back