So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up a P&C for a ms390 then welded a popup on it. Muffler mod , bead blast the crap off the flywheel.
Then slapped it 95% together. Been a busy day !

if you move north you can get more for less. Paid 60K for this, a work in progress. 6 acres. I work on it every day 2 big barns and a house .View attachment 401216
I doubt if you could get anything like that around here for that price. It would be at least 100k around here, probably more, in Bloomington (35 miles away) it would be about 300k.

View attachment 398923 Dug up an old 1/2 inch acid line so we could reroute it for a new install. 10 degrees outside. It pays to be an operator when you have a new backhoe with heated cab and heated seat.
ok I am intrigued what is an acid line? like it flows acid or is that some type of material, never heard of it before, heated equipment cabs rock
DDave

:rolleyes:
Location makes a huge difference. I am out in the boonies. I paid way to much, bought it before the housing market crashed. This is a place I can see from my front porch, the house is 3 times larger than mine, had new roof, siding, furnace and plumbing, monster barn with cement floor, 5 acres a couple of sheds. It was listed last year at $54,000 it probably sold for less. It needed kitchen cabinets and a little drywall work and some firewood harvested..:rolleyes:
View attachment 401303 View attachment 401304 View attachment 401305 View attachment 401306 View attachment 401307
You guys appear to have better roads than we have also, where I live you almost have to have a motocross suspension on your car to get by and we're 3 miles from town!

I was thinking that too about the roads. shoot, I live about 500 feet from the new I69 coming through the area, and due to the limestone businesses in the area, all our roads are full of holes and patched holes, and gravel filled holes, and blind holes. Not much of a problem for a big truck, but my little civic struggles.

But, to continue with what I did today..... I turned 150,000 miles on the odometer of my civic. Thought that was a great feet, till I found out my brother, RD35, turned over 300,000 on his 3500 Diesel dodge pickup today! :eek:

I was thinking that too about the roads. shoot, I live about 500 feet from the new I69 coming through the area, and due to the limestone businesses in the area, all our roads are full of holes and patched holes, and gravel filled holes, and blind holes. Not much of a problem for a big truck, but my little civic struggles.

But, to continue with what I did today..... I turned 150,000 miles on the odometer of my civic. Thought that was a great feet, till I found out my brother, RD35, turned over 300,000 on his 3500 Diesel dodge pickup today! :eek:
Yeah, I like driving in Bloomington too! I used to live up there in the 50s and it was a nice little town. It has expanded much in that time but they seemed to have kept the same roads with a few additions and the traffic at times is almost unbearable. Even though I used to work up there until recently I try to avoid driving there whenever possible. Terre Haute and Vincennes are much easier to negotiate.

IMG_20150207_142658_811.jpg Had to work at 6 am this morning. So at 4:45 on my way in I did my part to thin the local whitetail population. Very small damage to the truck. Deer not so lucky.

Coffee first. ran all my saws. knocked out a good chunk of oak fire wood. chow time!

Hung out with my little girl and trying to get some practice in. Bowled a 1153 in 5 game scratch total. So pretty good day.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423351592353.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423351592353.jpeg
    45.5 KB · Views: 11
Earlier this week, I had a large two-trunk white oak removed. Today, it was blocked up, halved/quartered, and furnished two dump trailer loads of firewood for another AS member's home heating needs. I ended up keeping a cord and a half or so for myself, and I'm guessing he ended up with 3.75 cords for his share.

I ran 14.5 tanks though this rebuilt no-base-gasket 10mm 044 today, so I guess it's finally broken in now. My hands are still tingling, four hours later. Running side-by-side with a 441c, the differences were more than obvious. Between the fuel consumption and the vibes, I can see why that 441c is as popular as it seems to be. Sure, you can certainly lean on the 044 a lot more, and this one would be fine with an 8t and a 20" bar, but man do I feel beat!

Went and got Ethiopian for dinner with my wife, got a book and a beverage lined up, so now it's fireplace time!

Did a whole lotta nothin today and all this week. Down with a sinus infection that got bad and spread to an ear infection before I decided to go to the doctor on Thursday.

In retrospect, waiting till day 9 of symptoms to go to the doc was probably a bad idea.

Went to Woods Logging and picked up a 25" bar for the new ms460. Got that swapped on instead of the giant 28". Put a new air filter and fuel tank vent on the 346xp as well as a new chain for the 18" bar. Time to tear up some firewood now.

Latest posts

Back