So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to Woods Logging and picked up a 25" bar for the new ms460. Got that swapped on instead of the giant 28". Put a new air filter and fuel tank vent on the 346xp as well as a new chain for the 18" bar. Time to tear up some firewood now.
That's the dynamic duo!:cheers:

I started the process of cleaning out my current house so I can put it on the market. Made several trips to the storage unit I rented yesterday and moved 146 saws, 2 shelving units, 6 boxes of chain loops, 2 boxes of bulk chain and 2 tubs of bars and several boxes of parts.

image.jpg

I started the process of cleaning out my current house so I can put it on the market. Made several trips to the storage unit I rented yesterday and moved 146 saws, 2 shelving units, 6 boxes of chain loops, 2 boxes of bulk chain and 2 tubs of bars and several boxes of parts.

View attachment 401776
146 saws? Holy crap! Feel free to send a few dozen up my way!

I smoked a pork loin and got a boston butt slab and a pork belly curing for the smoker next weekend. Went to the movies and ate 50c worth of popcorn that cost me $7.

Cut and limb 4 trees, put them on trailer and pulled those with atv tru ice road to cottage. Nowim going to check if there is any fish on nets wich are under ice on the lake. Here is 40cm ice on lake and i use my heated handle ms 260 to cut tru ice. Wish that wind would go away...

Yes it is :) i use board with spring to run rope under ice to another end and i can rewind the nets to another end to check fishes :)

RJ58-3.JPG RJ58-2.JPG RJ58 Toboggan.JPG RJ58 No Tug.JPG RJ58 Loaded up.JPG RJ58 @ CRUZ.JPG

Moved Wifeys 1958/59 Wheelhorse model RJ58 lawn and garden tractor out from where it had been hanging out these past 5 or 10 years. Had to sled it out on toboggans, loaded it up in my buddy Helio's truck and brought it over to his place to tear it down and restore it. Wifey says she wants it done in time for her to use putting around Shovelfest this year in Tennessee, which is in July. Gotta go through the old K91 Kohler 4hp engine and get her running good enough that Wifey can start it on one pull. We long ago had the correct mower deck, single bottom plow, wagon and snowplow for it but they were all stolen. Don't imagine we'll ever find replacements for them. Anyway, that's what I worked on this afternoon and hope to get some wrench time in on over this and next week!

View attachment 402022 View attachment 402024 View attachment 402025 View attachment 402026 View attachment 402028 View attachment 402030

Moved Wifeys 1958/59 Wheelhorse model RJ58 lawn and garden tractor out from where it had been hanging out these past 5 or 10 years. Had to sled it out on toboggans, loaded it up in my buddy Helio's truck and brought it over to his place to tear it down and restore it. Wifey says she wants it done in time for her to use putting around Shovelfest this year in Tennessee, which is in July. Gotta go through the old K91 Kohler 4hp engine and get her running good enough that Wifey can start it on one pull. We long ago had the correct mower deck, single bottom plow, wagon and snowplow for it but they were all stolen. Don't imagine we'll ever find replacements for them. Anyway, that's what I worked on this afternoon and hope to get some wrench time in on over this and next week!
Www.wheelhorseforum.com

Everything you'll ever need to know for that tractor is probably on that forum.

I don't think jdog's horse ranch in PA is still around but there's a guy in Michigan (Kelly) that has basically every part or implement you could ever want if you need anything. The RJ is a cool little tractor!

Www.wheelhorseforum.com

Everything you'll ever need to know for that tractor is probably on that forum.

I don't think jdog's horse ranch in PA is still around but there's a guy in Michigan (Kelly) that has basically every part or implement you could ever want if you need anything. The RJ is a cool little tractor!

Thanks for the implement lead, Jordan. I'm on a couple wheelhorse forums now that Wifey lit a fire under my arse to get her tractor done, wheelhorseforum being one and wheelhorse.org the other.

Man if there's one thing I've learned over these last few years since al gore invented the internet, if you can find something anything that even remotely interests you regardless how obscure or mundane it may seem, you'll find a website dedicated to it with more members than you'd ever imagined possible. It's crazy, and somehow really cool at the same time.

We've had this RJ so long I can't remember how it came to find a Home with us. The John Deere B and the 3hp Galloway you see flanking it in the first shots I remember finding and bringing Home clear as yesterday. Over the years we've collected and traded or sold off a ton of stuff, much of it we kinda wish we still had. These along with a few others seem to have found a way to hang on...

Thanks again for the lead, Jordan. I'll see if I can find Kelly in Michigan on the wheelhorse forum.

Back