So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a. palmer jr.
jughead500

jughead500

Sasquatch
Here's my baby.it was just half together.lost my headlight ears on the second trip through.nothing like the Gap for testing and tuning.when i got there i jumped out talked to the guys while i jejetted,then throwed my gear on and went.
671496.jpg

Seriously thinking of going back in May.would love to build my water buffalo first though.

zogger

zogger

Tree Freak
Here's my baby.it was just half together.lost my headlight ears on the second trip through.nothing like the Gap for testing and tuning.when i got there i jumped out talked to the guys while i jejetted,then throwed my gear on and went.
View attachment 402872

Seriously thinking of going back in May.would love to build my water buffalo first though.

A WB with expansion chamber pipes sounds like a dragon!

a. palmer jr.
Wasted half a day so far looking for a couple of chainsaw parts for saws that I may never use. Had one of them ordered, local dealer say it's back ordered. Ordered another part after looking out in a cold shed for it. Spent a few minutes at Wal Mart looking at computers for a relative. Not too productive but I guess I am retired so not much is supposed to get done..

jughead500

jughead500

Sasquatch
A WB with expansion chamber pipes sounds like a dragon!
Yeap i have a 3 into 1 strader for mine.just have to do some talking to one of my buddys sold it to him but didn't get it to him.he gave up on bikes so he told me to sell it and donate the money to charity.i have been doing that alot lately so i will just match what he gave me for it and donate.
Mines a 72 dual drum.front brakes worth more than the whole bike.then dad has his 74 from when i was a little guy.it went thru the wrong hands before it got back to him and needs a total rebuild too.

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

100% USDA Certified Abnormality-Free.
. AS Supporting Member.
I really liked it but it sat quite a bit, too cold around here more than half the year, just seemed a waste. Still have an old Vette, it sits around quite a bit too..

Sold mine mostly because my right knee gave me all sorts of fits when I rode it. I had a Corbin GunFighter seat on it, and although it was comfy and looked great, it made my knee too cramped.

jughead500

jughead500

Sasquatch
tall guy needs a beemer....beemer needs a tall guy.....perfect fit. Looks like Jug could use a beemer.
Most definately.i got the monkey ******* a football look going on.:laugh: i'm pushin 6'6". Should see me driving about any honda.had an 89 predlude and had to take panels out of the dash to fit.if i sat up i had to roll the sunroof back and look over the top of the car.:laugh: only met one feller i had to look up at so far and he scared the **** out of me.biggest amish dude i ever seen.i think they hooked plows to him.:laughing:

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

100% USDA Certified Abnormality-Free.
. AS Supporting Member.
Most definately.i got the monkey ******* a football look going on.:laugh: i'm pushin 6'6". Should see me driving about any honda.had an 89 predlude and had to take panels out of the dash to fit.if i sat up i had to roll the sunroof back and look over the top of the car.:laugh: only met one feller i had to look up at so far and he scared the **** out of me.biggest amish dude i ever seen.i think they hooked plows to him.:laughing:

My younger brother is 6-06 and is a bit (ok, a lot) slimmer than I am. He rides a 2006 Triumph Thruxton and does rather well on it.

fearofpavement

fearofpavement

Trying them all
Today was a lot of time spent trying to get stuff done with little forward progress. Bobcat wouldn't work right (did get it moved back to my house though), wanted to move wood which happened in a much smaller quantity than anticipated, couldn't get my 4 wheeler running so couldn't pull the splitter and thus didn't get any wood split. Been one of those days. I capped it off by buying an MS460. Groundi is out of bed (and in a chair) so she's getting over the influenza it seems. It's windy and getting colder but we have lots of wood.

a. palmer jr.
We used to have a perfect off road riding site, several hundred acres with hills, sand, creeks running across it, even a place to park with our trucks and trailers. The government took it over and made an off road park out of it which ruined it in my opinion, now they require insurance, helmets, and paying to get in. I always had insurance and a helmet anyway I just didn't want the government regs and an entry fee every time I went there so I don't ride off road anymore. At my peak I believe I had three or four motocross bikes plus a four wheeler. I haven't been there since the government came in. Probably my fastest dirt bike was a Yamaha YZ490, very healthy bike!

Bilge Rat LT 20

Bilge Rat LT 20

ArboristSite Operative
Had to use my brain today.
I had stripped down a German 024 that had a little transfer in the cylinder.
I put the piston/cylinder on then installed the coil.
In setting the air gap i turned the flywheel around and heard a noise. It sounded like something rattling around in the crankcase, but only when the piston was near BDC.

It took about 3 minutes to check and find the noise. I was sure nothing was amiss in the crank area so i looked at the flywheel magnets for metal attached etc.

Looking at the flywheel i noticed the magnets at BDC were at the bar oil tank.

Guess what the older saws have the metal chains holding the fill caps. As the magnets went by the chain would be picked up, dropped making noise.
If bar oil was in the tank the chain would never make any noise.

Sometimes paying attention to details brings up all sorts of little things you would have never thought about/considered.

Saw is together, carb rebuilt and 518 drying. All i need is a clutch cover and plastics.

a. palmer jr.
I had a Yamaha IT 465 It retired me from dirt bikes It was faster than me.
Yep, both those bikes would have a little too much for what I needed. I had a sand rail for a few years which I built from a kit and made street legal. It was fun to ride over there although you couldn't go everywhere the dirt bikes could go.

jughead500

jughead500

Sasquatch
you

You need one of these. I am not a fan of stupid choppers. I have had a lot of bikes (140+) . If you are a big guy you need one of these. 100 very lazy horsepower. Power commander and aftermarket pipes. Long and lanky and goes like stink.
View attachment 403106 View attachment 403107 View attachment 403108
Choppers... kinda like fat girls and scooters.:laugh: Really I'd be destined for the er all stretched out...Wish I could find my happy Medium between Scrotched up Cafe Style and Stretched out Chopper Style. :angry:

Latest posts