So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put a carb kit in the Poulan s25cva I got recently and it runs and cuts great now.

20150212_170311.jpg

Also finished up a couple small things on a 3400 that I'm giving my dad. It's good to go too now. Gonna surprise him with it next week when I see him.

20150212_160517.jpg

We used to have a perfect off road riding site, several hundred acres with hills, sand, creeks running across it, even a place to park with our trucks and trailers. The government took it over and made an off road park out of it which ruined it in my opinion, now they require insurance, helmets, and paying to get in. I always had insurance and a helmet anyway I just didn't want the government regs and an entry fee every time I went there so I don't ride off road anymore. At my peak I believe I had three or four motocross bikes plus a four wheeler. I haven't been there since the government came in. Probably my fastest dirt bike was a Yamaha YZ490, very UNHEALTHY bike!

Fixed it for ya ;)
for bikes I have an 07 KTM 450, '83 XR500 (it tows a trailer and skids logs!), and a '87 XR100 (for putzing around the farm)

What did I do today? wished me dad a happy 71st bday.. took my hat off to Honest Abe as well. Had a wonderful roast duck for lunch, and worked on my wild husky 65 with good success.. Proof comes tomorrow when it hits some wood.

Today I drove down to Macon and bought a Ford 400M engine that has just come out of the machine shop. It's all apart but the block, heads, etc are all reworked. Need to get my "redneck truck" back on the road. On the way back to the house I saw the pecan tree that I had been bucking up was gone. Completely gone including the wood I had already bucked. I had been ill and couldn't get to it fast enough I guess. Rats! (it's just smoke now)

Lots of variations in those ford motors. Make sure you get the right head gaskets, look for the small holes in the right place. If you need any chevy small block stuff i still have some stuff around.

Rebuilt the valves in my 4 cylinder air compressor, it has been in use since 1992. It may be time for rings too. It's too cold to work on steel/iron in unheated rooms. Tomorrow is 2 boilers to cleanout and inspection. That should take 3 hours.

Work is getting in the way of playing with the saws at the farm.

Pecan limbs need bucking up. Any use for chinaberry wood?

Shoveled a bit of snow today, yep we finally got a fair amount. I did manage to install a clutch on one of my old saws, a Homelite 330, started it and ran it awhile, sounded pretty good after I adjusted it a little. Good day for a little snow shoveling, was about 45 degrees this afternoon. I also received my new piston for my Super XL. I guess that's next..

Cut 4 loads of wood, cut the base and squish chamber on the 2186 project, got squish set .020 and ports mapped out, was going to start grinding but my air compressor dicided not to kick on so now I need to fix that tomorrow

Just got off the phone with the local police department. Someone was rooting for through my truck last night. Found the glove compartment open but nothing missing. Cops said they have received about 2 dozen calls today. I would have liked to catch them on my property. I HATE crooks.

Still haven't left the place, snow in driveway even though I've run the Cub Cadet and snowplow through it a few times. Think I'll try to get the little car out tomorrow and head for town for a few errands if we don't have another big snow tonight. If we do I guess it's back to plowing snow tomorrow. Cadet's not the best thing to use but it's all I have for now. Every year I tell myself "next year I'm gonna be prepared for this."

Got the Bobcat alternator installed and used it to move about 30 cubic yards of woodchips from one area to another. Cut up a fallen pine tree with a cheapo Homelite 4620 that's passing through, split some pecan with the hydraulic splitter. (had my mother in law working the control lever), sent a big box to the P.O. with the Honda engine in it that I sold to a member here, did a little work on a Husqvarna 55 I'm rebuilding, baked and decorated a 5 layer birthday cake for my daughter, started my flight instructor refresher course and sold and helped load a half cord of firewood. Yup, I'm tired.

Back