So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had breakfast with our wood ministry crew. Went down to the wood lot to see what I had been missing and immediately slipped in the ice banging my freshly repaired shoulder on the chain link gate. That could have been really bad but thankfully the gate cushioned and stopped my fall. Found the wood lot almost out of wood, working essentially new wood delivered to splitter to truck. Told deliveries to date have passed all of last year with two more months to go. 960+ loads delivered so far. Due to the lack of wood and nothing at my place short enough for her stove, I bought my m-i-l a load from a private seller. Took a long nap as I didn't sleep well last night. It is now 9:00 p.m. and I am waiting for the call that the load of wood is on the way. Ron

Wife and daughter went to lunch with Elza, Anna, and Olaf from the movie Frozen, so i took my son to see the Sponge Bob movie.

A young guy 48 years old I used to work with slipped on ice and fell on his ass in a parking lot. He got a blood clot, leg swelled up twice as big as it should be, the pressure damaged he nerves. Almost lost his leg. Spent a month in the hospital, was out of work (office job) for 5 months. He had to relearn how to walk and now needs a cane. Just before that he used to run marathons.
I never considered anything like that could happen. I have fallen down so much riding dirt bikes I think I got good at it. I suppose if you land just wrong you are screwed. Now that I have a titanium hip I try to land on the other one.:cold:

I slipped on ice at the top of my back pouch steps last year. Had a saw in one hand, coffee mug in the other.....didn't have a chance to grab for the rail. I landed hard on the second step. That hurt my back in a way that has yet to stop hurting.

It just takes a split second to have a life changing moment.......that is a fact.

Broke and impatient to test run a old saw. So this is my rear handle cover

Repped !!!!

I slipped on ice at the top of my back pouch steps last year. Had a saw in one hand, coffee mug in the other.....didn't have a chance to grab for the rail. I landed hard on the second step. That hurt my back in a way that has yet to stop hurting.

It just takes a split second to have a life changing moment.......that is a fact.

Repped !!!!
Did you save the coffee?

I can't get around at the farm, Snow's too deep.....(drifted powder) So I went to our hunting camp, which is on a plowed road :wtf:, and grabbed some standing dead maple bone wood. Should be good to get a hot fire quick, in the shop. The cement shop floor is so cold that I can't stay there and work as long as I want. :cold: :sucks:

I just had to cut something!!!?

Fired up my 026 today first time in a couple years since its ran due to missing parts. Ported the jug and mm. Still needs new piston and rings Eventually

got home from a long day at work, fired up the shop stove and now i can get two repair jobs done on 2 trimmers i traded two chains for.
both husky 223l fuel lines and tank grommets are bad along with the primers. they are both running good now.

Yup, I sold my real good one and got dumped on 2 years in a row. I have 4 of them now...very little snow.
I might wait for the summer flea markets, snow blowers are at their peak price-wise. This summer when it's 90 degrees they'll be cheap. I can still use the Cub Cadet 100 with snow blade on it unless it's too deep. Kinda getting that way right now.

My brother dropped off his ms260 he doesn't use any more. Plus 6 chains. Nice score.
Now stripped and pressure washed. Muffler mod done and painted.
Now to delete base gasket and advance the timing and clean the air filter sharpen a few chains and pop on a new bar. (Omg it's got the biggest burrs I have ever seen on a bar) should be a great little runner in the end [emoji106]

I was working on doing a propane conversion on a honda gx390. Have a propane throttle body for a 26hp 4 cylinder engine that i needed to mate up with stock intake spacer and still have it run on the engine governor. So far coming along smooth. Till i got pulled off to work on a salt spreader

Attachments

• 1425498745412.jpg
    1425498745412.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 1425498863711.jpg
    1425498863711.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 19
Back