So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loaded a bunch of .38 Special ammo and painted the clutch cover on my 353. About to head back down to the shop to put a handle on an old ax head I found and cleaned up.

Had the afternoon off . It is 77deg. here today so i pulled the old Snapper riding mower out and cut the grass/winter weeds. The Snapper is a classic, i even have an 8 ball on the shifter.

Ordered some steel square tubing for future welding projects.

A few carbide burrs came in the mail today and i don't have a jug laying around to try them on.
The parts 024 i built is all back together and running strong so do i pull the jug back off and do a little more grinding or find a new victim. I only have 8 or 12 running saws now, i don't count them cause i don't wanna know how many.

I guess i need to look at that free push mower. It is in great shape be needs a little attention to the carb. It is a plastic carb though so other than the diaphram you can't do much.

I need a throttle shaft for a WT 194 carb. Where can i find one?

Had the afternoon off . It is 77deg. here today so i pulled the old Snapper riding mower out and cut the grass/winter weeds. The Snapper is a classic, i even have an 8 ball on the shifter.

A few carbide burrs came in the mail today and i don't have a jug laying around to try them on.
The parts 024 i built is all back together and running strong so do i pull the jug back off and do a little more grinding or find a new victim. I only have 8 or 12 running saws now, i don't count them cause i don't wanna know how many.

I guess i need to look at that free push mower. It is in great shape be needs a little attention to the carb. It is a plastic carb though so other than the diaphram you can't do much.

I hate those plastic carbs.. must be a briggs with the air governor. Yeah i have one of those briggs at the shop that needs to be blown up soon

Put a new carb on my Stihl 021.
Still waiting on the spark plug and air filter.
Hopefully it will be in tomorrows mail.

I got beat! I was gonna fire up the snapper next week. I love them dinky mowers, worlds smallest ride em pony bushhawgs!

The old snappers are solid steel. I got this one from a neighbor, he got it free. The origional owner had put a new 18hp motor on it and used it twice then let it set till the carb gummed up. Gave it to my neighbor who came to me to rebuild the carb. He then put in a new battery, painted it and replaced a tire and the belts. He then found a newer mower cheap and came to me wanting 100.oo for the snapper.

My push mower blew up 3 days before i got the snapper so everything works out.
I think the old push mower blew the crank cause i put new oil in it, it did'nt know how to act with new oil i guess.

My theory on mowing grass,

Why cut the grass? It only grows so tall then it falls over.

I got a physical, wrote and read some emails, made and received some phone calls, filled out some documents, did some other misc office work, sorted through my latest saw haul to make notes before I forgot what I paid for what, visited some friends about an hour away and brought them a cat. hee hee hee. Bet that cat won't make it the 39 miles back to here. It wasn't our cat anyway, was one my puppy adopted and has been staying with the dog for over a week now. (4 out of 5 people in this household are allergic to cats). Then I took Groundi out for dinner to celebrate our 27th anniversary (wow, lots has happened during that time) and now I'm sitting in my chair listening to Hogan's Heroes while surfing the web.

The old snappers are solid steel. I got this one from a neighbor, he got it free. The origional owner had put a new 18hp motor on it and used it twice then let it set till the carb gummed up. Gave it to my neighbor who came to me to rebuild the carb. He then put in a new battery, painted it and replaced a tire and the belts. He then found a newer mower cheap and came to me wanting 100.oo for the snapper.

My push mower blew up 3 days before i got the snapper so everything works out.
I think the old push mower blew the crank cause i put new oil in it, it did'nt know how to act with new oil i guess.

My theory on mowing grass,

Why cut the grass? It only grows so tall then it falls over.
100 bucks for a 18hp with very few hours. Sounds like you got paid on that deal

The newish motor, new battery, cables, paint, grease, belts etc.
Forget the motor, just the other new parts are more than 100.oo

I can use it to pull the aluminum boat into the backyard without tearing up the grass too.

To start the day off a ran a ms661 at the Stihl dealership as they were just released this week down under. Then off to work. Read emails, write them and write up a few orders and try and get some quotes on a high end pc. Then some TIG welding to get back into reality.

77*, where is that, Africa?!

Plowed snow today, got about 8".

Down here in coastal Georgia.
78 today then mid 40s tomorrow. Gotta put my shoes back on for a while.
We are plowing dirt here getting ready to plant sweet corn in about 3 weeks.

The pushmower with the plastic carb runs now. Put a diaphragm and gasket in it. Now i need to sell it, i don't want a mower that is not self propelled.

Down here in coastal Georgia.
78 today then mid 40s tomorrow. Gotta put my shoes back on for a while.
We are plowing dirt here getting ready to plant sweet corn in about 3 weeks.

The pushmower with the plastic carb runs now. Put a diaphragm and gasket in it. Now i need to sell it, i don't want a mower that is not self propelled.
Eastern NC, 80 degrees at 1:30 pm today. 3 hours later it was 43 degrees.

-16* here in Maine right now.

80*... most years we never see that hot at home in AK... and it's a good thing. Over 65 is too hot!

I'm sitting in the house doing basically nothing, snow still on ground, temp is climbing a bit here, up to about 20. Supposed to have a big warm up next week so I'll wait till the first of the week to get back in the shop and finish up on the saw I started a few weeks ago. No big hurry, just doing it to have something to occupy my time, I already have several saws to use and maybe a couple or three to sell later..

roads are still messed up from that big snow we had the other day,, plow trucks are trying to chip the ice from the roads.

Back