Sometimes just lucky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got something out of my truck tool box and noticed three new in box chains that were soaggy. Figure them to be rusty for sure but to my surprise all three chains were in plastic bags.

From time to time one gets lucky. Last summer I was checking out a cutover looking for any easy to get firewood, landowner had told me to take any tops or downed trees I wanted. One of the first things I noticed was a pile of discarded junk left by the previous wood cutting crew and I cursed them under my breath for leaving garbage behind. I kicked a gallon chain oil container and it wasn`t empty, nudged a few others and they were full, checked them out and there was 4 .5 gallons of bar oil there. Then noticed the water soaked chain boxes, Stihl .325 X 72 dl chisel, 4 of them left there in their boxes inside plastic bag bags, score!!
Very little rust, just a few squirts of WD40 and they are in service on my 026`s.

Back