Splitting/Chopping Tool Review Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No sooner did I get all my Poplar split and bagged and advertised on Kijiji, and one guy came and bought 5 bags for a party and then today the other 50 bags were taken by another guy.
All gone now and a little change in my pocket.
I may just have to try that again. Lord knows I have a lot of pellet bags every year and I can scrounge all the Poplar, White Birch, Spruce and Pine I want around here.

2012-11-20 15.27.22.jpgPoplar Camp Fire Wood 1.jpg Poplar Camp Fire Wood 2.jpg

Not sure if this includes the splitting mauls . . . .

Philbert

Screen shot 2015-08-20 at 2.42.06 PM.png

B.A.S.H $1000 Guarantee

WILTON B.A.S.H® Striking Tools with Unbreakable® Handle Technology are quite simply the most durable on the market, outperforming wood and fiberglass handled hammers strike after strike. We are so confident in the WILTON B.A.S.H®Unbreakable® Handle Technology that for 2 full years after purchase, break the handle under normal wear and tear and receive $1,000.

JPW Industries will pay you $1,000 in cash if the handle of a B.A.S.H® hammer you own breaks (severs) during normal use within two years after the date of purchase. This payment is in lieu of any other remedy for a product defect you may have, including breach of any other express or implied warranties. The B.A.S.H® $1,000 Guarantee does not apply to breakage that results from use of the hammer other than as a hand-held striking tool, nor to defects involving the hammer head, including but not limited to, separation of the head from the handle or head breaking.

How to Make a Claim
The hammer must be returned for examination, postage prepaid, to a location designated by us. For the name of the location nearest you, please call 1-800-274-6848. You must provide proof of initial purchase date, and an explanation of how the handle broke must accompany the merchandise. If we determine you are covered by the Unbreakable® Handle Guarantee, we will send you $1,000. If our inspection discloses a defect but you are not covered by the B.A.S.H® $1,000 Guarantee, we will repair or replace the product, or refund the purchase price, at our option, in accordance with our standard limited warranty above.

Not sure if this includes the splitting mauls . . . .

Philbert

View attachment 442175

B.A.S.H $1000 Guarantee

WILTON B.A.S.H® Striking Tools with Unbreakable® Handle Technology are quite simply the most durable on the market, outperforming wood and fiberglass handled hammers strike after strike. We are so confident in the WILTON B.A.S.H®Unbreakable® Handle Technology that for 2 full years after purchase, break the handle under normal wear and tear and receive $1,000.

JPW Industries will pay you $1,000 in cash if the handle of a B.A.S.H® hammer you own breaks (severs) during normal use within two years after the date of purchase. This payment is in lieu of any other remedy for a product defect you may have, including breach of any other express or implied warranties. The B.A.S.H® $1,000 Guarantee does not apply to breakage that results from use of the hammer other than as a hand-held striking tool, nor to defects involving the hammer head, including but not limited to, separation of the head from the handle or head breaking.

How to Make a Claim
The hammer must be returned for examination, postage prepaid, to a location designated by us. For the name of the location nearest you, please call 1-800-274-6848. You must provide proof of initial purchase date, and an explanation of how the handle broke must accompany the merchandise. If we determine you are covered by the Unbreakable® Handle Guarantee, we will send you $1,000. If our inspection discloses a defect but you are not covered by the B.A.S.H® $1,000 Guarantee, we will repair or replace the product, or refund the purchase price, at our option, in accordance with our standard limited warranty above.

Yep. It does.

I'm checking out their website now.....:D

ETA - Hmmmmmm......Looks like this thing has mixed reviews. Although having to redo the edge that it comes with and not real good customer service from Wilton seems common.

Yep. It does.

I'm checking out their website now.....:D

ETA - Hmmmmmm......Looks like this thing has mixed reviews. Although having to redo the edge that it comes with and not real good customer service from Wilton seems common.
Would altering the edge void the warranty? Would think not but you never know.

Has anybody else tried the new husky splitting axes with the composite handle yet?

@mdavlee has a youtube video of him demonstrating how well it does.

Maybe he will chime in. From what I remember, he really likes it.

I contacted Gardena (The turquoise model) about having a 36" model and they said that one was not in the near future. Serious bummer. I could care less if it was turquoise or orange I just want a 36".

I can't see you not liking it. Congrats on the purchase and keep us posted. :D

TQkSZA2s-Zwc-_EaLN3-Q5WTMZ9AmARZ8jpsABQtPRAxp4We3d0RQQQUZfEWqj13IJ3uc8asqf_85t8U9br2J9uBMKDRb3Iyw0HU_bkx9h8gt-zPJPSZTR9Alz1nLnlRr4N8i_BmxPleml3_-4jImmY8IBVqp1wDZtDBSD2vtDTBsFmQKFNW7WoqT-ow0Z6iTgaAqrx9_QqLLwpsFnz0MIMQl72qFtAozu5paIHfcM7BXU69DIjxoVfUsAx4AiZbWKrjzKqVy40H7eG5zGRZ9npGQBTm8z6Pk8fQatWt0EJ8v-PVDiBERu2UCDheCxBVLF-hbqsSZSRHFjEQNfgmD7jkWMpYLiZeHFRDCm2ZnDZrn61_OShvmsGGEwZuy6HUDbkXj3M79o2xNZNnIIoV__WbfdT6_E91ssSjAPiaaSzSKN0_al6YnvVUM5E6HKDcSNVtDX0U2UfipVtV4m2ylwh3DMQC5WDq0I4iKgpuoSxOaMc4tEl-yV7E8aeU3oYwN9919g=w1065-h917-no

My kindlin kracker LOL

That's shown itself here a few times. I think consensus is it won't hold up unless you are using straight grained softwood.
But the idea has merit. It is taking the debate about wedges on log splitters (mounted on end of cylinder or end of beam) to manual splitting.
How about a beefed up, and scaled up version, say for green rounds up to 16 inches diameter? Line it up, and you know where your split will be. Of course it will not work with all wood, or with crotches, etc.

Philbert

(PS - posted it 'cause it was displayed at the State Fair. NT claimed to have exclusive US distribution rights).

Latest posts

Back