Starting a processor build.. pictures..FINALLY FINISHED!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't have a name on it.. The guy I bought it from sells them on eBay and is located in Huntsville Al. It was made for a skid steer , I cut the quick connects off and modified it to quick connect to my loader.

Got the winch repositioned about 2' closer to the front of the ram and about a foot lower than it originally was.. Where it was to start with ... when I tried to pull a log onto the deck it was wanting to pick the log up into the air and not slide up the ramp.. Now it works much better.

blkcloud, you might want to consider tying both posts together by adding a piece of steel bolted to each post. It will boost your strength greatly. I'm working on my processor each year to upgrade it. This year it's an outfeed table before the conveyor and jacks on all four corners among other things.
I started out just making a splitter with a conveyor. lol
IMG_0193.JPG

I think I'm pretty much finished.. I had to buy another hydraulic saw.. Some one stole my first one.. I know right.. Got it mounted and really pleased with it..

What a cool contraption you made, you are quite handy! Wondering how long that hydraulic chainsaw chain lasts? Is it just a regular chainsaw chain or something tougher?

Why did you choose to use a hydraulic chainsaw method of cutting the rounds? Interesting!

What a cool contraption you made, you are quite handy! Wondering how long that hydraulic chainsaw chain lasts? Is it just a regular chainsaw chain or something tougher?

Why did you choose to use a hydraulic chainsaw method of cutting the rounds? Interesting!
It's a factory made hydraulic chainsaw, Stanley brand. Used in bucket trucks , railroad maintenance and under water applications... It's pretty torquey.. I chose it because, it's always ready when the motor is running, I didn't like having to start and stop and start and stop my gas saws all the time, like when I'm dragging a new log in or switching out Ibc totes..etc.. Plus there's no vibration at all while cutting... It's nice! Thanks!

Back