Cordless Chainsaws and Outdoor Power Equipment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oregon says that their brushless C
S300 chainsaw is now available!

http://oregoncordless.com/product/chain-saw-cs300/#product-hreview

Philbert
View attachment 445118

Yaaa! Whoops..just dropped my spare chainsaw funding yesterday, bought out all the good "customer no show-no pickup" equipment from the local dealer, a truckload, seven saws, three trimmers and a hedge trimmer..oh well..someone here will get one and do a review! Three of the saws work so far, the best a husky 359. I think the rest all still need some work, but the analysis is on the tickets, none of them are that bad.

Happiness . . .

Is a warm puppy!
Or 40 volts . . .
image.jpg

(Was hoping to take it to a GTG yesterday, but neither one of us made it).

Will start a new thread later this week (linked here), with some initial comments on the CS300, and side-by-side comparisons with the CS250.

Philbert

Pageing Philbert!! Just thought you may be interested in a new range of products made by Australian OPE manufactorer VICTA (best known for push mowers) They have a new 80v range that includes a saw what has a 18" b/c, brushless motor, rapid 30min recharge etc. Not sure how to post links and pics but a google search will let you find what I am talking about. Design is similar to the Oregon and others....check it out!

I just got a new toy today. A Dewalt 40v chainsaw:). Only had time to carve with it for about 20 minutes, but that all I needed to know its a keeper!!
I use my 80v Kobalt often, but this Dewalt definitely has more power. ...and runtime(I got the saw with the 6aH capacity battery). Only used about half the battery capacity after about 20 minutes of carving.

I would say it's the closest thing to a gas saw that I've run yet. Lots of torque and chain speed. The echo I had for a short while was ok , but it was glitchy, had short run time and the battery got really hot. This Dewalt definitely has much longer runtime and seems very well built . The battery was really cool after running it too.
It's a very comfortable and well balanced saw too.

I would say it's the closest thing to a gas saw that I've run yet. Lots of torque and chain speed. The echo I had for a short while was ok , but it was glitchy, had short run time and the battery got really hot. This Dewalt definitely has much longer runtime and seems very well built . The battery was really cool after running it too.
It's a very comfortable and well balanced saw too.
How much does it weigh with the 6 A/hr battery?

I just got a new toy today. A Dewalt 40v chainsaw:). Only had time to carve with it for about 20 minutes, but that all I needed to know its a keeper!!
I use my 80v Kobalt often, but this Dewalt definitely has more power. ...and runtime(I got the saw with the 6aH capacity battery). Only used about half the battery capacity after about 20 minutes of carving.

Well, there is certainly enough variety now for a big battery saw shootout. Be interested to see how this one stacks up against the high end oregon and husky and greenworks and so on, in regular firewood cutting.

Holy crap!!...just when I thought this saw couldn't get any better, it did. Just for the heck of it I thought I would take my Stihl battery saw and the Dewalt apart to compare sprockets. I thought there would be no chance at all they'd be compatible, but sure enough they are exactly the same drum depth, width, and metal thickness. A perfect match!!! I now have my Dewalt saw set up running 1/4" .043 Stihl chain on a Cannon carving bar. I am so friggin thrilled!! This thing cuts smoother , faster , quieter and much more efficiently now with the mini 1/4" setup!!!!!

Back