stihl has a electric start leaf blower now

• Thread starter Deleted member 83629
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey at least it's a true 2 stroke engine. The downsides is that it's heavier, more $, and less CFM than the BR600.

I watched my sales guy playing with one a month or so ago at the dealership and I thought it would be handy for when a customer walks up to you to hold a conversation in the middle of you blowing off the yard, also for yards with dogs that are schitzo about blowers, but too many downsides so far.
Dave

Dave I'd love to have a new backpack blower but my $150 BG 55 won't die. Top on my list is the Husky 580 BTS.

It upgrade was approved by stihl engineers as it goes with the brands philosophy of development, 'more weight, less power'. Being serious it does look good and is hopefully better than the 4mix dissaster series. Since the demise of the br420, stihl lost the plot with their backpack units and many loyal folks changed brands when it came to a backpack blower.

My dealer showed me that yesterday. Adds 2 lbs but it is kind of cool the battery charges from the engine running.

Since I started looking yardcare trailers, I realized that I don't see very many Stihl BP blowers. All the trimmers may be Stihl but it is usually a Husky/Redmax or Shindaiwa blower. Though I have a hard time telling Redmax and Shindaiwa stuff apart at long range.

Anyway, maybe the pros will like it. Maybe that will hate it. It seems like a gimmick to me. I guess time will tell.

Just bought one today. It is freaking sweet. I think it blows as good as my BR 600, pre magnum, and the electric start is so nice. The telescopic blower tube is pretty cool too. Definitely worth the $50 and two pounds penalty.

The battery is integrated into the control module of the BR 450 C-EF and cannot be replaced separately. If the battery is damaged, you need a whole new control module with battery.

Giving that rope a crank is just so much work. [emoji33]
You are missing the point. The BR 450 C-EF does the trick, the wife will pick it up and go. Not so with the other rope start ope. Now all my leafs are blowed, and I didn't have to do a thing.

The battery is integrated into the control module of the BR 450 C-EF and cannot be replaced separately. If the battery is damaged, you need a whole new control module with battery.

The Stihls just know how to get ya money.

I pulled my BR 450 C-EF out last night for the first time in six months. I thought for sure the battery would have suffered some self discharge, and I would have to manually start it. Nope, three cranks of the electric starter and it was back in action, just like any other in season cold start.

Does this unit have a "3 second" kill circuit built into the the ignition?
I.e. if you inadvertently push the throttle too far or bump the switch, does it kill the blower?
I can imagine this being a royal pain in the rear, on a backpack unit.
If it's got a spring/auto return kill switch, then I assume it has the kill circuit.

On my Echo pb-413 with the (pain in the side) hip throttle,
If you accidentally pull the little nub too far when you want to idle, at least it will recover,
IF you're quick on the trigger.

But most everything else now has the damned kill circuit built into it.
Loads of fun when you're trimming deep under shrubs and keep bumping it.
No flipping it back on like the older stuff. engine dies and you get pull the rope again.
That's another modern "improvement" that I've come to loathe.

Hmm, I wonder if Foggysails has a workaround for this?

Just saw this message. Most stihl now has momentary kill switches, one touch and they will stop. Switch then spring returns to the run position. On my SH 86 C, the kill is easy to activate when coming off high throttle lock. The detent to kill on the BG 450 C is a bit stronger, so I have not inadvertently activated it. It's no matter anyhow, because the same thumb that killed it can quickly restart it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back