Stihl MS260 PRO

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacLaren

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This being the last year for production of the saw, I was just wandering what mods can be done for this saw. I particular I wander if Stihl makes a dual ported muffler cover for the 260 PRO. Thanks for any and all help.

This being the last year for production of the saw, I was just wandering what mods can be done for this saw. I particular I wander if Stihl makes a dual ported muffler cover for the 260 PRO. Thanks for any and all help.

No such cover exists. The older still 026's came with a muffler cover that had 4 3/8" exit holes, and the newest came with 1 small exit hole. And before you go drilling holes in your muffler, better make sure that it has the adjustable H side, or your saw will go way lean.

No such cover exists. The older still 026's came with a muffler cover that had 4 3/8" exit holes, and the newest came with 1 small exit hole. And before you go drilling holes in your muffler, better make sure that it has the adjustable H side, or your saw will go way lean.

Thanks. Great answer.

If you have a newer MS260 like I did with the fixed jet carb and the restricted muffler you need to replace the carb with a fully adjustable one, which is not that hard or expensive. Then it is a very easy modification to remove the muffler cover, two torx head screws, and drill away. I don't know how they expected the saw to run with the exhaust plugged up the way it was. It makes them a great saw, easy starts and lots more power.

steve

thats where i bought mine a few months back. i checked to see if there were any 194's on ebay, but there weren't. could be in a few days or so, just keep checkin back.

I got mine from user name "captneversail" good seller to deal with... Send him a message and he will get right back to you. I think it was $45 bucks.

I don't own one, but have looked hard at the MS260pro. I like it and know it would be a fine small saw, but I like the 346xp better. Compare both before you buy :cheers:

HB, there is nothing wrong with a 260, but a 346 is a better saw. i own an 026 that has the adjustable H and it has been MM. since i got the 346's, it just sits longingly and wishes it could go to the woods. the only penalty with the 346 is about .5lbs. a 346 will outcut a 260 out of the box without replacing the carb. then, from there, a muffler mod makes a difference and you can always port it.

Back