Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya Jerry it was pretty awesome to see. It was so orange eh? The clouds this morning were as orange as could be.

I guess the next full solar eclipse is in march 2016. Gonna love that too.

Nice looking saw there!!

Looks like it was getting a good workout... or was it the operator??

Thanks...bought that saw new in 1977.....wore it completely out....but it's all better now...thanks in no small part to this site!!!

I think the operator got the workout......saw seemed to love it.....did pretty good for a 49cc saw...18" bar buried in island spruce......those pieces were unsplittable with maul and wedge......but they are stove sized now!!

LOL!! Kept two paper groc. bags......had to lose the rest...which was a lot!!!

I have been putting up some firewood up at the camp also, it splits much easier though. Got enough put up for at least another seasons burning or so, only used the gas ax on one crotetchy stick.

I have been putting up some firewood up at the camp also, it splits much easier though. Got enough put up for at least another seasons burning or so, only used the gas ax on one crotetchy stick.

That batch of spruce was the culls from a big blowdown on my property.......I split the rest last year with a splitting maul and/or a wedge......kept getting tougher as I worked up the stem.....last one I did, I buried the wedge as far as the maul would drive it with no results....had to cut the wedge out of the stick with the saw...that sucked. So I just noodled the whole lot this time....got some more drift ash stashed .....park closes 10/15.......pick it up by skiff and stove fit it right on the shore.......some small dry spruce blowdowns there too that they cut out of the trail....that has to go with me too.......

Back