Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20150919_131616.jpg

A great one two combo :)

Have a good run up the lake Jerry...weather sure is nice for boating!!!

Thanks Robin,...we had two very nice days up there this weekend, did a little work n a lot of goofing off, sitting around under the shade structure eating n drinking n stuffs.

Thanks Robin,...we had two very nice days up there this weekend, did a little work n a lot of goofing off, sitting around under the shade structure eating n drinking n stuffs.

Glad it was nice for you....our air is cooling now.....suddenly mid 40's to high 30's at night.......clear and sunny 70 during the day.....great outdoor working weather.....

Tough job but somebody gotta do it! Don`t speak about the incident, after all its a big incident!!
No one was hurt.
But the biggest accident we have had.
Most energy.
Tipping a 9,600 lb motor off a truck is one thing.
Dropping 26,000-31,000(still not sure) from 30+ ft is a whole 'nother ball game.

And yes.....it is now The Incident. Lol

Only takes one weak link on a lift like that for the whole load to come crashing. Was on a job as, superintendent of building and works, when one of our cranes dropped a 10 ton precast panel, it fell into an existing building, lots of glass broke and structural steel bent. Luckily it was a Saturday and no one was working in the office building the panel crashed into. One lift cable broke, the spreader flipped and but the other cable stayed attached and prevented a total loss, panel only fell 12'

When I was a young fella , my grandfather bought himself a new saw , a Sachs Dolmar SD115 , no Swede saw for him because he said they were known as the misery whip .

Jus sayin .

Don't think Gramps evah saw one of these....

If he had....well you know the story might well have been different.......lol!!!

008.JPG

When I was a young fella , my grandfather bought himself a new saw , a Sachs Dolmar SD115 , no Swede saw for him because he said they were known as the misery whip .

Jus sayin .

I have a lot of respect for the Sach Dolmar saws as they treated me very well over the years and laid down a heck of a pile of wood for me. The 115 is a great saw but the one drawback to them is the hollow rubber AV mounts that rot out and or tear to bits easily. Keep a few replacement AV mounts on hand and those saws will cut forever. The 4 that I have are still cutting wood.

Latest posts

Back