Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Jerry !
Tell Colin that there's a 266 stinkin up my green bin in the driveway ....

In your driveway? I will drop off my pieces of hardwood that we will mill up sometime soon and can pick up that 266, I have some orange Husquee parts also but not one carb can I find for them.

Unload the logs on the pine , I'll get it down to the mill .
The stinkbox will be out there .
I dug out a Stihl demo saw for Colin if he wants a project.
I didn't have time to look for all the small bits today , busy at the shop .

Will do, they are not really large but they were solid, hard to find a good solid hard maple any more, most have hollow trunks. Made a big mistake on one, thought it had a black core so cut it off high as it was in a ditch, man that one was solid white all the way through....:cry::cry:

LOL....I was clearing a lot once...to build a house for a client....selective cutting mostly trash but there was one nice straight maple in the footprint of the building. When I dropped it, I was amazed that it was white all the was across....brown pith at the center about as big around as a pencil.....OOOOOOO.....measured up 12'-6" just below the first branches......no knots anywhere to be seen on the stem.....cut it off..looked the same as the butt........OOOOOOOOOOOOOH...was a good sized stick..topped out 22" or so........I'm thinking 4" X 10" planks for a freestanding woodworking bench...about 40" wide by about 8' long.....OOOOOOOO!!

Loaded that onto my ton truck with my tractor and took it directly to the sawmill.....Sat morning comes around and I'm excited to get up to the mill and process this log....get things oiled and sharpened......the Detroit warmed up......this is gonna be great!!! I brought it to a square cant pretty quick, it being straight and having already plotted the cuts for the planks I wanted from the core......here we go...six 4 X 10's coming right up!!..............

I made the first cut.........instant depression.......that damn log continued in about 6 inches from each end and then turned onto a culvert.......6" dia hole right in the center........didn't get ****......and lost any heavy wood I could have got from the sideboards as I saw sawing for centering the cant and so the side boards were 4/4"........... ****......

LOL....I was clearing a lot once...to build a house for a client....selective cutting mostly trash but there was one nice straight maple in the footprint of the building. When I dropped it, I was amazed that it was white all the was across....brown pith at the center about as big around as a pencil.....OOOOOOO.....measured up 12'-6" just below the first branches......no knots anywhere to be seen on the stem.....cut it off..looked the same as the butt........OOOOOOOOOOOOOH...was a good sized stick..topped out 22" or so........I'm thinking 4" X 10" planks for a freestanding woodworking bench...about 40" wide by about 8' long.....OOOOOOOO!!

Loaded that onto my ton truck with my tractor and took it directly to the sawmill.....Sat morning comes around and I'm excited to get up to the mill and process this log....get things oiled and sharpened......the Detroit warmed up......this is gonna be great!!! I brought it to a square cant pretty quick, it being straight and having already plotted the cuts for the planks I wanted from the core......here we go...six 4 X 10's coming right up!!..............

I made the first cut.........instant depression.......that damn log continued in about 6 inches from each end and then turned onto a culvert.......6" dia hole right in the center........didn't get ****......and lost any heavy wood I could have got from the sideboards as I saw sawing for centering the cant and so the side boards were 4/4"........... ****......

Hard to read them and always get them right, some look real good til run through the rotary, some are good even if they actually looked rough on the outside. The one I made the mistake on was good all the way from the root flares up to the first branch at around 10 ', cut it all into 16" lengths so its firewood now or claw hammer handles.

Whew, whirlwind day, changing and hooking up engines, bending metal cladding for the camp, dropping off maple butt sticks and then!!!, ...picked up some stinky ORANGE saw parts, only put them in the box on back but had to close the windows, man was it hot til I turned on the AC.....LOL

I think it's Oh 34 Supah Time youse bunch of Slakahs !!

IMG_20150920_160042.jpg

Back