Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robin,...I bet there is gravel around there somewhere, the ocean has its ways of reducing big stone to smaller bits. A place I stay on the coast is next to a steep gravel beach, just the normal sea swell will tattle the gravel/beach stones really loudly. Out on the island the shore is all sand,the swell n waves there just make a lovely swishing sound, beautiful sound for sleeping. At my camp two rivers make a beautiful rushing sound as water tumbles over the rock bottom,

Yep there is much further up in the harbor but the tide all goes away.........pretty boney right in front of my place.....LOL!!! Tattle is more of a roar in a westerly blow.....

Tides are crazy in the bay of fundy. There the highest tides in the world? No?

Yes they the highest in the world......around Five Islands the tide goes out 5 miles in places and returns at 12 mph.....you can't out run it on foot......watched clam diggers on 4 wheelers working one day........tide overtake them...jump on the wheelers and run a half mile up the beach...dig like hell for 20 mins...tide overtake them again...do it over and over.....

I've been out to Advocate Harbor talking to a fella....big old Novi boat riding high at the dock......talked...had a beverage...about an hour...just the tips of the radio gear could be seen.......the water really moves there......

I know the few times I worked on the ferry in Digby you had to make sure you put the welder on the boat. If not you probably won't have enough leed to reach where your working. There's a huge ladder going down when the tide is out. Haha

Got a couple of loads of Stihl cut wood today,

sVm9qePbshDxG3BEl0w3RKk68Fk0m5OdU6XLE_cXOA=w272-h204-p-no
bJF41MOPuKx5F3IhGY46Os7_dfKjHf1Dj0I3mkKfig=w273-h204-p-no
Lu6-i1kAyG8GUBK9AWF4v5FP4_23IhnNKErsDghKqg=w273-h204-p-no
xWDJPx0o3aThuHSOhvbzUYNM92SMucoRP2Hme_y7Ig=w272-h204-p-no

Not sure what they use the bucket for. I'm thinking they use it for everything.. knowing what the department is like LOL

Lots of good wood there Jerry!

Seeing as the bucket only has a cutting edge then it is most likely used mostly for a ditching/cleanup bucket. If it had ripping teeth then likely used as an excavation bucket.

Yes its all hardwood, getting stocked up on next years wood, takes a year to get it dry.

Ya it came off a loader. I think it gets used alot for gravel, salt and snow. It's been well looked after for sure. Not a lot of bad wear on it either. Starting to show some wear at the blade end. Some Lincore 55 will do the trick.

Loader buckets take a lot of wear when worked on pavement doing snow removal, we had one operator that rode the rear wear pads off each winter doing snow removal on parking lots. Other operators just wear the cutting edges down doing the same work, I rather just replace the cutting edges but don`t really mind welding on more wear bars.

I believe a really good operator would wear the cutting edge rather than the wear pads. But it never matters too me because of job security LOL.

I always enjoy working on buckets. Everything's thick, strong and simple. 7018s do burn in nice. I'm more for Flux core (not self sheilded). But alot of stick jobs come my way because I like it and can make a good job of it!

I believe a really good operator would wear the cutting edge rather than the wear pads. But it never matters too me because of job security LOL.

I always enjoy working on buckets. Everything's thick, strong and simple. 7018s do burn in nice. I'm more for Flux core (not self sheilded). But alot of stick jobs come my way because I like it and can make a good job of it!

I always liked welding float trailers up, I beam and channel, good thick steel so you could put some heat to it. Always welded them with stick but that is likely done with mig now.

Latest posts

Back