Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
17%2B-%2B2

Happiness Highway :)

Good going in the woods today, made very good headway, four trailers loaded transported and unloaded plus cut and loaded a pretty nice pathway in and out. Will hardly be a sign we were there by next fall.
The new built 440 Arctic performed well and had nice warm handles..

Busy day yesterday......took advantage of the warmish weather. Shut the big stove down and took out the fireback and cleaned the interior passages before breakfast then went up to see Hoss, then down to the shop and hooked up the boat and hauled it out..... decided that while the doors were open and warm out I might as well replace the 16 foot wide door sill......had been broken since before I bought the place by dragging a Brownell trailer out over it without lifting the suspension.....when I ordered the material for the tractor shed, in the lift of 16' 2 X 6s was a perfectly clear 16' spruce 2 X 6......that went home with me.....Dave and I milled the profile on it one crappy day a while back and I threw it outside so it wouldn't twist all out of shape sitting in the very dry, heated shop. So I took the old sill apart and installed the new top on the old PT base.....done. Then hauled the boat home...plumbed that up and fired her up letting her come fully to temp and flushed the drive and cooling system, drained the raw water pump and heat exchanger and put it away for the winter in the boat shed.....took a shave and shower and we drover down to Stonington for dinner with Steve and Rosie, Colm and Olive then we went to the annual mid winter fireworks show........it was quite short this year but stunning none the less.....it's put on for and by the locals at a time of the year when the tourists and folks from away are away, also being flush with huge sums of bug money they really do it up.......not yer couple guys going around with road flares lighting fuses......no siree.......computer fired and choreographed.......state of the art stuff......a truly stunning array of overlapping high 'splosives.......it may have been cut shorter this year due to where they are fired from and there being no snow on the ground and in the woods.......then drive 45 mins home...sleepy by then.....:numberone:

Few pics of the tractor shed me and the old fella been working on. Took all the staging down Friday.......planks all when in my boat shed.....metal wall brackets back to the shop....starting to look like a building now......starting the board and batten siding this week....

tractor shed 004.JPG tractor shed 003.JPG tractor shed 005.JPG tractor shed 006.JPG tractor shed 008.JPG tractor shed 009.JPG

Latest posts

Back